Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,868 Posts
How does Massimo act when you hug your hubby or kids? It sounds like he's protecting you. Peanut did that for a while with my bf. It just seemed like Peanut was overly protective and that he thought everything was a threat to me. Still when someone on the sidewalk is walking fast or jogging behind me Peanut freaks out but as soon as they pass us, he's fine. But now I'm just rambling.

Maybe can you try to pick up your kids (sorry I have no idea how old your kids are) or have one of them sit on your lap and have your hubby hold Massimo and get close to you and your kids while you all talk really sweet and praise Massimo. Or maybe while your kids are near you give them little treats to give to Massimo?

What I made my bf do was take a part in our training and feeding times. That way Peanut saw that my bf had authority too. He just practiced tricks and made Peanut do a trick before he put down the food bowl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.