Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened a couple of days ago, I was cleaning my pet dog - Dave after we went for a ride when I noticed a strange bump on his left leg. He has been hurt before but it’s not the kind of bump or injury caused by some accident. Dave has been in our family for years, my dad got him when I was a little girl and I love him dearly. Although he doesn’t seem to be in pain I still want to understand if the bump is some kind of skin allergy, dogs are prone to skin anomalies, nothing to worry about - that’s what my vet said when I asked him over a call. What should I do? I am really worried about him.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I do not know how any Vet can diagnose something by hearing over the phone about some sort of bump??? Perhaps you might want to make an appointment to have Dave checked out just to make sure and to be on the safe side that there isn't anything to worry about.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,069 Posts
I would take him for an appointment to be checked out. The bump could be something as simple as a lipoma ( just a fatty tumor) to something more serious.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,759 Posts
Can you post a picture of this "bump?" There are so many kinds! I might consider consulting another vet.

Reactions: zooeysmom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts