Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm a new dog owner, my Lola is 6 moths old!
I'm pretty attentive to every little detail and have a lot to learn!
My puppy has been a bit gassy since this morning i keep hearing her tummy
making noises...
She hasn't touched her food, but then again she rarely does unless she's really hungry (she doesn't seem to like dog food... )
Is there something i can do to relieve the gas? I don't think it's a big enough problem to alert the vet is it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ! Thank you for answering!
I feed her the Pedigree Puppy dry grains that I mix with the Pedigree ground beef dinner. She ate it at first but its been a few weeks since she very reluctant to eat this combination... I've tried different flavors but still no progress...

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Has she eaten yet today? Has she had a bowel movement? How much does she weigh?

I'm not familar with this dog food, although have heard of it. Some foods don't agree with Malts.

Sorry so many questions :)

You first want to rule out, that all is okay with her belly.

Then find a high quality dog food, I feed mine Pacifica South.

Alot of malt owners home cook. This forum has tons of information about that.

Once you rule out that she is okay, and that may mean a call to the vet, if she has eaten, or still has this upset stomach, you want to be sure and feed her a high quality food, free of perservatives and keep her on a schedule.

I'm sure she is okay, but always best to make sure with your vet.

Welcome to SM :)

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
When one of mine makes tummy noises and is reluctant to eat, it has always been followed by a bout of colitis and, if that is the case, you'll probably need a trip to the vet.I'd suggest researching dog foods and finding a high quality food that your pup likes and tolerates. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Have you changed the pups food from what the breeder was feeding her?

If you do change the food, it should be done slowly...a little at a time.

Hope the problem goes away soon!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
It sounds like the food may not be agreeing with her. I would let the vet check out your puppy. They can give her something for her tummy. I would stay away from grocery store pet food and feed a good premium food. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your advice!
Lola is doing better.
You were right, the vet thinks the dog food isn't agreeing with her. I'm gonna try the Pacifica South!
Let's cross our fingers!
Happy to be part of SM!!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts