Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while ago, I mentioned that I was looking for a stroller. I finally decided to go with this one in black, because I'm partial to darker, neutral colors that I can accessorize with brights:

Night Rider Pet Stroller at DiscountRamps.Com

I'm happy to report that Nikki loves it. and I do too. I don't know why I waited so long to get one. Well, maybe I do. I was afraid that people would make fun of me and I'm a little sensitive when people say I treat Nikki like a human child.

Now that I have a stroller, I don't really care what anyone thinks. It's such a great convenience. Now I can take Nikki to more places, and not have to carry her around. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some shots of Nikki in her stroller and post them.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Aren't strollers great? I couldn't live without mine!

Don't be self conscious about pushing Nikki in her stroller. I have met the nicest people pushing Lady in her stroller! It's a conversation starter.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
That's a really good stroller, I have the same in black and red for Ullana! Can't wait to see photos of Nikki sitting in it!!!

I also heard a lot of different opinion's about a dog sitting in a stroller insted of a human child. But anyway, I also don't care what other's think!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
LOL, I have friends (even some Maltese friends who shall remain nameless) who make fun of my stroller(s):smtease:.
I love the convenience and protection of the stroller and I don't care what anyone thinks. I do sometimes start out with those people who are amused by telling them that I started using human strollers before dog strollers became more common when my boy Clouseau was having heart trouble (after seeing someone at a dog show with her older babies in a human stroller). It was wonderful for my boy who wasn't able to enjoy our walks the way he once did. Those people usually stop laughing. :innocent: But then I also say how wonderful it is to be able to take my little clan out in places where we wouldn't have felt comfortable or safe otherwise. Whatever anyone says, it isn't about my turning my furkids into my children, it really is about offering both of us something that improves our lives and our experiences together. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, some people automatically assume that because you don't have kids, that you are turning your dog into one because something is lacking in your life. (Yes, someone said that to me, lol.) People can be very judgmental and love to stereotype because they can't handle individuality. It scares them.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
well i think strollers are cute , but im still pushing my toddler in one.. lol maybe i can put dolce on his lap?

about what ppl say .. dont stress it im a firm believer in to ea his own. i think pups look adorable in their strollers, and for the record i think dolce is my child just as much as my four human ones.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I was leary about the stroller but we ended up getting one. We don't use it much but this past week we needed to go to the hospital for a loved one to have a test. The test was going to take over an hour and I would need to remain at the hospital/doctor's office area. Hunter is permitted in this area but I also had work I needed to bring with me and get done. I also had my loved ones personal items as the locker system was removed after 9-1-1. The stroller was a life saver. I was able to bring my bag, keep Hunter secure and safe, I had a place for my loved one's things and when we got thirsty - I was able to get all that stuf one floor down to the cafe. I am so thankful that I thought to (1) buy this and (2) keep it in my car this last month so see if I would use it more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts