Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of buying Puddles a stroller. Every one around here thinks i'm crazy.....let him walk they say.

We go camping alot and take long walks. I know his little legs get tried and I end up carrying him. I had a back pack type carrier and he didn't like it.

But I am concern that once I pay the (high) price for one he will not like it.

Any of you push your babies around in one?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Jan 12 2005, 07:44 PM
I have been thinking of buying Puddles a stroller. Every one around here thinks i'm crazy.....let him walk they say.

We go camping alot and take long walks. I know his little legs get tried and I end up carrying him.  I had a back pack type carrier and he didn't like it.

But I am concern that once I pay the (high) price for one he will not like it.

Any of you push your babies around in one?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29366
[/QUOTE]

I've actually thought of getting one, also. Let us know what you decide and if you do get one, keep us posted on how it goes... With having two Malts, I'd need a double one, I guess..... Where have you seen them... I saw them in a catalog a while back but don't recall which one it was... I think it is a great idea for your situation..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been looking at them on the Foster and Smith web site.

Last week they added a new one (Happy Trails Stroller) that will be perfect for Puddles and the price is much cheaper ($119.00).

Here is the web site:

www.drsfostersmith.com

Type in search -- strollers

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Jan 12 2005, 08:01 PM
I had been looking at them on the Foster and Smith web site. 

Last week they added a new one (Happy Trails Stroller) that will be perfect for Puddles and the price is much cheaper  ($119.00).

Here is the web site:

www.drsfostersmith.com

Type in search -- strollers
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29369
[/QUOTE]

Oh those are adorable! They look wonderful!!! I say go for it!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I got a used Graco baby stroller for Lady at the baby consigment store for $25 and I love it! So does she! When I want to take a long walk on a nice day, I would always end up carrying her most of the way home.

I think she really enjoys seeing the view from a different perspective!

You sure get noticed when you are pushing a dog in a stroller, too! I meet the nicest people. She is a big hit with the older folks when I "stroll" on the grounds of the assisted living facility nearby. I have had people stop their cars to say hello.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I would get one too but Kodie is tooooooooooooooooooooooo much of a mama's boy... he always likes me to either hold him, have him in a bag (which i'm holding), or letting him walk. Its just too much money for me to waste if he doesnt like it.

I would try it out though!!! I bet its sooooo Covenant

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jan 13 2005, 08:10 AM
I would get one too but Kodie is tooooooooooooooooooooooo much of a mama's boy... he always likes me to either hold him, have him in a bag (which i'm holding), or letting him walk.  Its just too much money for me to waste if he doesnt like it. 

I would try it out though!!!  I bet its sooooo Covenant 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29448
[/QUOTE]

Lexi would probably be the same way. I really like that stroller though.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Marj can you post a picture of Lady in her stroller? I love the dog one and if I could afford it, I would get it in a heartbeat. A cheaper stroller might be better for me though.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes I bought the original dog stroller for my Oliver when he was sick. He used to love to go out on walks but had gotten so weak he couldn't walk but around the house a little bit, so I finally broke down and bought the stroller. He loved it--he sat inside like a king and got to go out and see the world again. Unfortunately, he only got to use it 3 times before his final relapse. I was so sorry I hadn't bought it sooner for him. I do like the look of the new Happy Trails stroller better though, the Pet stroller we had (the green striped one with the green netting) was wonderful for Oliver, spacious enough for him to lay down (he couldn't sit up for long), but was very hard to maneuver. It was very awkward (spelling) for my husband to push, being taller than me, he had to stoop and then his feet would keep hitting the back of it. So I would say if you were a taller person (my husband is only 5'8) I wouldn't buy it.
Quincymom

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jan 13 2005, 08:50 AM
I got a used Graco baby stroller for Lady at the baby consigment store for $25 and I love it! So does she! When I want to take a long walk on a nice day, I would always end up carrying her most of the way home.

I think she really enjoys seeing the view from a different perspective!

You sure get noticed when you are pushing a dog in a stroller, too! I meet the nicest people. She is a big hit with the older folks when I "stroll" on the grounds of the assisted living facility nearby. I have had people stop their cars to say hello.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29443
[/QUOTE]

I would love to see pics of Lady on the stoller also, $25.00 sounds much better than $119.oo not knowing if he would ride in it.

I have looked at the picture of Graco strollers and didn't know if Puddles could lay down. Does the seat lay back?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts