Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it funny that when I have questions about my Malt the first place I think to check is here?

So Ramsey had a pretty bad case of Kennel Cough when I first brought him home (stupid shelter). I was able to nurse him back to health, however about a month later he started waking up with a completely stuffed and running nose. He snorts and then will go into an reverse sneezing fit. I took him into my vet who acted like it was more of something that I didn't like, then a medical reason to be worried about. He gave me Temaril-p. The first two days Ramsey took it he was 100% better, then it went done down hill from there and I think it might be even worse then before he started taking the meds. I don't mind dragging Ramsey back in, but I was hopping that someone on here has experienced the same type of thing and could tell me what to tell my vet, or some tips I might try.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
You should recheck with your vet. Lingering infection could have worsened with the use of steroids...and who knows if your wee one had any nasal issues prior to getting kennel cough.

Anywhere there is a large population of dogs who have been exposed to who knows what and are then place in closed quarters, it is impossible to prevent all communicable diseases. That would be like expecting a daycare to never pass a cold around to all the kids. Its just an unfortunate fact of the circumstance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.