Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had been 2+ weeks since we started letting Poppy in the family room, on leash, with no accidents. So, on Friday night I started moving the gates, the furniture ... basically a redecoration of the family room/kitchen/eating area. :HistericalSmiley:

This of course also meant making a few other changes, as Cita (shepherd mix) and Southside (the cat) were now closed in, whereas before it was Poppy closed in, and they had the run of the house. Cita seized this opportunity to snag up Poppy's little bully sticks and keep them for herself. :LOL:

On Saturday we hung out and watched movies, etc. Everybody did so great. The only thing we found is that it seemed as if when Poppy would get playing, and if Southside got near him, Cita wanted to herd Southside away from Poppy. While I doubt Cita would ever hurt Southside, I thought it was kind of cool that she seems now to be sort of taking Poppy on as hers. :aktion033:

Around 8:00 Poppy ran up to me and started jumping around at my legs. I thought okay, let's go with it ... and I took him outside. He both pee'd and poo'd. Woot!

This morning Poppy ran into the kitchen, and again started jumping at my legs. Took him out, and he both pee'd and poo'd. Double woot!!

Today we took Cita and Poppy to a dog friendly cafe for brunch. Poppy did so much better than I'd ever dreamed of. He met other dogs, he met kids, he basically was just fabulous! He and a cocker spaniel named Kingston, the same age as Poppy but 16 pounds heavier ... had a blast together. They were so cute it was insane!!!

Poppy started out being a little barky and excited ... but once he chilled and accepted his surroundings, he was just so great!! I even took him to the sidewalk and did a few sits, downs, gimme fives ... and he did all of them ... and it was noisy ... with lots of people and dogs. :wub2:

He came home and slept. LOL

We then took he and Cita for a long walk this afternoon, and because he was still pooped, I was able to work with loose leash walking with him. He came home and was more interested in doing more napping then eating dinner. :woohoo2:

I just feel like such a proud Mom!! I feel like he and Cita are now getting along in a way that works for them ... and Poppy has just done such a great job this weekend with letting me know he 'needs' to go potty, and with his socialization skills.

Okay, I'll hush for now. I just needed to say what a great weekend we had, and how much fun it was working with Poppy and Cita. I know Poppy will be a big boy before I know it ... so I'm trying to treasure each of these landmark moments as they happen. :smartass:

Big HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
847 Posts
Aww...you have good reason to be a proud mommy! It sounds like a dream weekend! I'm glad Poppy is doing so well conveying to you when he has to go out. I think it's really impressive he did his tricks outside amid all the distractions, especially. Leila is great at tricks inside but you get her outside and forget about it. Good job Poppy!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!! And HOOORAY for Poppy, what a big boy :) I wish Bailey would "let me know" when he needs to go outside....he just goes and sits at the door and "tries" to wait patiently.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I am so happy for you, it sounds like an incredible fun weekend. It's so nice to see them grow and change isn't it? Congrats to you, you should feel like a proud mommy. :chili:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!!! :thumbsup:

Of course, this morning was a new ballgame, as I had Poppy, Cita and Southside ... with just me as the referee. :w00t:

Everything was fine until I fed Cita and Poppy a bad hotdog while training. Cita had the runs, and Poppy threw all of his food up. :blush: Baaaad Mommy!!!

Everybody is now in bed ... Calgon take me away!!!

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
What a terrific feeling it is when you see your hard work pay off in such a grand way! You da' bomb!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts