Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that several of you have asked about what I do as a video producer and wondered about the projects that have been eating up all my time, except when I can get a break in the action with SM:) I just realized that a couple of videos I produced a few years ago were put on Youtube by the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) who I often produce for.
The first one was something designed to reach tweens and teens with food allergies and grab their attention yet impart info. It's not typical of my work which is usually documentary style. Some movements like pans are jerkier on youtube than the real videos:blink: My DS is even in that video.:wub:
The second was more of my usual style and about one family's life with two children with food allergies. Hope you like them.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Great video quality and production. Top notch. The info was also very good. Your job must be very rewarding. Not only are you able to use your creative talent and expertise, but you are also able to help people.

Very cool, Susan. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sue loved these two ;) thanks for posting.

The coolest part about video producing is the messages that you can send in entertaining/fun ways :D

Good job ^_^

Hugs
Kat
Thanks so much Kat. I appreciate it from someone who puts together such great videos. It's not as much fun as Snowy and Crystal as stars but I love what I do.
Great video quality and production. Top notch. The info was also very good. Your job must be very rewarding. Not only are you able to use your creative talent and expertise, but you are also able to help people.

Very cool, Susan. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Suzan. My camera people shoot for things like 60 Minutes and Nova and my editors edit things like Olympic coverage for NBC so I love working with real professionals:) Yes, the food allergy videos are near and dear to my heart since my DS was diagnosed with them when he was 2.I've done some videos for classrooms and was proudest when I heard a teacher recognized a student was having an anaphylactic reaction after viewing my video. She said it saved the child's life. Nothing more rewarding than that.
That is too cool! :D
Thanks Annie. I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing as a profession, although producers have been so de-valued lately that I don't think many people view us as that. They think any kid with a video camera can do it. Sooo wrong.
Sue - those were really neat! I loved hearing from the teens and tweens.
Thanks. It was a real challenge for me figuring how to make it appropriate for them. They really liked it. It isn't always easy to get teens to speak on camera coherently but I think I got a great bunch.
Loved the videos...you have a great job!
Thanks Donna. I think so too. I'm freelance (have my own production company) and it's pretty hard getting work when you are of a certain age...and I'm so well even past that certain age.:w00t: Thank goodness for some of my clients who have hired me again and again. I'm working for McGraw-Hill now on their educational awards. This is my 16th year doing it and I just love it because I get to shoot great educational initiatives and great people working on them.:)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sue, you are awesome!
Awww Suzan you're making me :blush:
Those videos were amazing. Thank you so much for sharing:thumbsup:
thanks so much Jenna.
Very cool. Can I have your autograph? :thumbsup: What a great job you have!!
Pat - I do consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I love and get paid (though I'm making less than I did years ago :blink:) for it. I just hope I can keep getting work. Fingers and paws crossed.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just thought I'd share. I just got an e-mail this morning informing me that a video I produced last fall for FAAN called "One Bite is All It Takes," won a National Health Information Award.:chili: Several of my videos have been award winners and it brightens my day to know that an outside panel validates my work. Although I still feel most validated when I know in my heart that I did the best possible job and people will benefit from it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Wow, you're really talented! The videos are engaging, and I like the editing and pacing. Congratulations on your newest award. It's clear that you're very good at what you do. What a great career!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Thanks so much Kat. I appreciate it from someone who puts together such great videos. It's not as much fun as Snowy and Crystal as stars but I love what I do.
haha Sue, but S&C vidz are just one of these little home videos:HistericalSmiley: nevertheless, I do enjoy putting together small clips and bonding with my malts while filming them, so I sure like to do that in my spare time. I think that after many years, they will be my treasured memories of them (love them so much).

What you are doing is for sure GREAT :aktion033: adds huge bonus since you are also loving what you do:aktion033:

Just thought I'd share. I just got an e-mail this morning informing me that a video I produced last fall for FAAN called "One Bite is All It Takes," won a National Health Information Award.:chili: Several of my videos have been award winners and it brightens my day to know that an outside panel validates my work. Although I still feel most validated when I know in my heart that I did the best possible job and people will benefit from it.
:chili:AlRIGHT!!!! WAY TO GO, SUE :chili: I say, it's time to celebrate:chili::partytime: great and hard work do pay off:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, you're really talented! The videos are engaging, and I like the editing and pacing. Congratulations on your newest award. It's clear that you're very good at what you do. What a great career!
Thanks so much Litgal. Good to see you again!!
haha Sue, but S&C vidz are just one of these little home videos:HistericalSmiley: nevertheless, I do enjoy putting together small clips and bonding with my malts while filming them, so I sure like to do that in my spare time. I think that after many years, they will be my treasured memories of them (love them so much).

What you are doing is for sure GREAT :aktion033: adds huge bonus since you are also loving what you do:aktion033:

:chili:AlRIGHT!!!! WAY TO GO, SUE :chili: I say, it's time to celebrate:chili::partytime: great and hard work do pay off:grouphug:
Oh thanks Kat. I wish I could celebrate but am so busy screening all the footage for my next 4 videos (scripts due day after Labor Day, Sept 7:w00t:) and editing second week of Sept. so no partying for a while. Probably around November since I have another big edit in October.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
So happy you shared some of your videos with us as I,too, have been curious. I think you did an amazing job on these!! I also think it's wonderful that you so love what you do...but then that is likely one of the reasons your work is so good! :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome! The videos are great and are very informative.
Thanks. It looks to me from your pix that I could use Aolani as my researcher. :chili: Who else would look so learned and cute? :wub: Not that I'd get any work done. :blush:

WOW, great job with the videos :aktion033:. What an awesome & interesting job you have.
Thanks so much, sue. It is really interesting and I often have to become an instant expert on whatever topic I'm doing. I love that part of it. The most stress comes from shoot days when who knows what can happen on location. Always something to mar the shot (smoke belching out into a pristine sky in the city :yucky:) or those ubiquitous leaf blowers that start up every time I'm doing an interview in the burbs. :woohoo2: Yoohoo over here. We're shooting an interview WITH sound.:smpullhair: Never a dull moment.

So happy you shared some of your videos with us as I,too, have been curious. I think you did an amazing job on these!! I also think it's wonderful that you so love what you do...but then that is likely one of the reasons your work is so good! :aktion033:
What a lovely compliment. I do remember walking into a newsroom in my sophomore year of college and knowing that's what I wanted to do and then ending up working at CBS News 6 days after graduation. Really lucky and blessed. But news was so crazy that I like working on projects about worthwhile things like education and medical issues now.:thumbsup:I'm kind of anal about my work -- try to get things as perfect as possible so that I really am happy about the results.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts