Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Here is the picture I’ve been promising forever. Sugarplum had an appointment at the vet today followed by a grooming appointment. All of her shots are up to date, and she is healthy! The first time I took her to the vet was a week after I adopted her. At that time, they said she was otherwise healthy except that she needed her teeth cleaned very badly and that she could maybe stand to gain a half pound to a pound as her ribs could be felt but not seen. Well today, she was eight pounds and last visit she was 7.3, so she’s thriving! And her tear stains are still gone. As some of you may also know, I had been grooming her myself because she doesn’t tolerate it well. I had no other choice this time because she is so guarded of her legs, I can’t cut the hair there or clip her nails. Every girl deserves to be spoiled and pampered at least once in her lifetime, doesn’t she? Just look at her now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh what sweetness! She is certainly a different dog from when you rescued her! Bless you for all you have done for her. I love seeing her updates! Always makes me smile. Congrats on no tear stains! I'm still fighting that with Bardie.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Sugarplum looks absolutely adorable!! Glad to hear that she is doing so well and it really shows that she is loved and truly taken care of my you!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. She is certainly loved. And Janlee, like Snuggle’s mom’s Chrissy, Sugarplum’s tear stains resolved after she had all of the rotten teeth extracted a year ago. 17 of them. She has eight remaining. I’m also going to e-mail the pic to shelter in which I adopted her from. I haven’t emailed them in a long time, but I used to send them occasional updates.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,880 Posts
She looks adorable.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Hi all. Here is the picture I’ve been promising forever. Sugarplum had an appointment at the vet today followed by a grooming appointment. All of her shots are up to date, and she is healthy! The first time I took her to the vet was a week after I adopted her. At that time, they said she was otherwise healthy except that she needed her teeth cleaned very badly and that she could maybe stand to gain a half pound to a pound as her ribs could be felt but not seen. Well today, she was eight pounds and last visit she was 7.3, so she’s thriving! And her tear stains are still gone. As some of you may also know, I had been grooming her myself because she doesn’t tolerate it well. I had no other choice this time because she is so guarded of her legs, I can’t cut the hair there or clip her nails. Every girl deserves to be spoiled and pampered at least once in her lifetime, doesn’t she? Just look at her now. View attachment 275424
You're a good mom. She looks beautiful. She's gained a healthy weight. And she's looking at you adoringly. :)
Lainie and Whisper

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,263 Posts
Crazylady
Have you heard back yet from Sugarplums shelter as to who will be selected as their spokesperson? Sugarplum has my vote! She would be such an amazing representation as to what a loving home and a lot of care can do for a shelter pup. I will be watching for an update and fingers crossed for sweet & adorable Sugarplum! 🎀💗
🐶 🐾🌷

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Hi all. Here is the picture I’ve been promising forever. Sugarplum had an appointment at the vet today followed by a grooming appointment. All of her shots are up to date, and she is healthy! The first time I took her to the vet was a week after I adopted her. At that time, they said she was otherwise healthy except that she needed her teeth cleaned very badly and that she could maybe stand to gain a half pound to a pound as her ribs could be felt but not seen. Well today, she was eight pounds and last visit she was 7.3, so she’s thriving! And her tear stains are still gone. As some of you may also know, I had been grooming her myself because she doesn’t tolerate it well. I had no other choice this time because she is so guarded of her legs, I can’t cut the hair there or clip her nails. Every girl deserves to be spoiled and pampered at least once in her lifetime, doesn’t she? Just look at her now. View attachment 275424
She is one pretty lady!! Love the way she looks straight at you as you take the pix!

Lainie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts