Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the update, I really miss seeing the poster’s or commentator’s name in the avatar area. It makes it so much easier to respond when the name of the pet and owner are there. It used to be that way. Also, there used to be a check mark on the topics I commented on. That’s not there anymore either. I’m sure I’m not the only one who misses these items. Is there a way that these items could be included?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Maggie, I too agree. Having the posters name and the name of their dog made SM so much more personal and really helped us seniors that don't have the best memory. After the initial "upgrade" I sent several messages to Cricket in admin requesting that names be added back to avatar picture/info - She responded saying they would be added in future upgrades and told me that one can add their name to their signature - I responded telling her that adding name to signature was not sufficient. Since that time I have sent her several more requests on this issue and a couple more and I just get crickets from cricket. Perhaps if more of us keep asking....

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
I really don't like the new format! The old one was much more intuitive. I don't come here as much anymore as it is clumsy to me & I can't do what I value. I won't leave, but I won't be spending as much time here as before. I do value each member in so many ways---such a shame they don't seem to care.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Agree with you all! I guess we can just add out names to our signatures, even though people have to expand them.

Reactions: angel's mom

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
I miss all of you, but I also don't like the new format. I check in but only rarely. Hope everyone is doing well.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Agree with you all! I guess we can just add out names to our signatures, even though people have to expand them.
That's another thing that's stupid. Why have signatures if they aren't visible with our posts. Yes, I know they can be expanded, but they shouldn't have to be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wasn’t here when that existed but I’ve always wished we had it. I feel awkward responding to ones without addressing them by name. It feels impersonal. I hope they add it back.

·
Super Moderator
9,644 Posts
If you want to put your name in your signature, people can adjust their settings to always expand the signature field.

Click on your Avatar | click on Account Settings | where is says Email options click on Preference | Content options check Always show expanded signatures

I discovered it accidentally by exploring. There are a number of treasures to be found there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,644 Posts
I will bring this thread to the attention of the admins. It seems showing name is a pretty popular suggestion.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Thanks, Walter! I'm going to try that.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I will bring this thread to the attention of the admins. It seems showing name is a pretty popular suggestion.
Thank you Walter - I added Abella & my names to signature.
It still would be nice if admin/tech added the info to our Avatar so we can see that info for everybody!
😊 👍

Reactions: edelweiss

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! I am learning so much. Thank you Paulann for the instructions to make signatures visible. I had no idea how to do this. Imagine, as easy as one click and they all show up! Now I just have to figure out how to make a signature for me since the old one appears to be gone. And thank you Walter for following up on this for us. We can always depend on you!

·
Super Moderator
9,644 Posts
Pat,

Your signature looks great - a picture of Maggie and Casey with your name.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Walter. SM is starting look like it used to. I never realized how much I missed seeing everyone's signature until I clicked that one option and there they were!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Since the update, I really miss seeing the poster’s or commentator’s name in the avatar area. It makes it so much easier to respond when the name of the pet and owner are there. It used to be that way. Also, there used to be a check mark on the topics I commented on. That’s not there anymore either. I’m sure I’m not the only one who misses these items. Is there a way that these items could be included?
I do like poster's name and the name of the dog(s). I never knew there was a check mark area. Gee...I missed something helpful.

Lainie

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Walter,
I am wondering if when the "programming guys" make the changes to add our names etc to our avatar they can also add back the little box you could check before submitting your post that said "add signature or don't add signature".
This was so nice to have. Especially when one is having an ongoing conversation in the thread. I know Abella has a very cute picture in my signature and I NEVER get tired of looking at it.....but I'm thinking others may not feel the same way. LOL! Also, this would conserve space on each page. Just a thought. Never hurts to ask......

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paulann, I, for one, never get tired of seeing Abella's photo. I love your signature photo. I have now checked the box to see everyone's signature and love it. Initially, I thought the signature I had used in the "old" system would transfer with the upgrade but it didn't. I had to go back and create a new signature. I wonder if everyone knows this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts