Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for suggestions for replacing the bell Abbey uses to let me know she needs to go potty outside. It's a jingle bell (like Christmas type), though functional - not very pretty!
Would like to have something that rings alittle louder. I would love to have a small cow bell handpainted with a maltese, but haven't been able to find that. My other thought was for a maltese windchime, but I wasn't sure if it would look silly hanging off the door so low - since Abbey will ring the bell with her nose sometimes and she only stands about 10" to her nose!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I don't know if this would work but why not teach her to use a cordless door bell with the button on the door. You would have to make sure it isn't the same tone as your normal door bell and that the button is easy for her to activate. Just another option.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@Oct 16 2005, 10:17 AM
My other thought was for a maltese windchime, but I wasn't sure if it would look silly hanging off the door so low - since Abbey will ring the bell with her nose sometimes and she only stands about 10" to her nose!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!  Thanks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110193
[/QUOTE]

first make sure abbey isnt afraid of the windchime. buttercup sometimes gets freaked out when they keep moving LOL. you can get a single coat hook and hang it on the wall next to the door. the only potential problem i think, is anyone walking by or brushing up against it accidentally causing it to move....then you're getting up every time the wind blows LOL

you can also decorate the bell on your door now, or at least what it hangs from. get a plain doorknob hanger (like the ones you slip over the doorknob at a hotel that say "do not disturb" or something) from a craft store, decorate it with maltese and have pretty ribbons hanging from it or something.

you could also have lots of pretty curled ribbon hanging down with the bell kind of "hidden" inside. this way, you can change the color of the ribbon with the season or holiday, and it doesnt look like "hi, i'm a bell. i'm hanging from the door knob!"

just some suggestions....

ann marie and the "protector from the Attack Bells" buttercup

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use a tiny windchime for my furkids. I got it from a kitchen store and it has 5 3 inch chimes on it and is about 6 inches in total length. I tied a ribbon to the top of it and hung on the banister (our door is at the bottom of 5 steps) at the top of our stairs. I tried the door knob first, but everytime the door was opened it was ringing, so this works much better. The nice thing is just the smallest tap will make it ring loug enough to be heard from any room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts