Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help! I want to clip Summer, need to know what size comb. The groomer said, she just uses the clippers
no combs, she has sheep dogs. This is a new lady I'm taking her to, she's done Summer 2x , today will be her 3rd. Summer seems to like her alot she talks to her and gives her treats
and she's very careful when she combs and burshes .

Would like a puppy cut. Could anyone suggest a comb size ? I've just never heard of anyone not using the combs. I'm a little nervous letting her trim her. Right now she's just giving her a bath and clean up, feet ,nails etc..
I would just cry if someone cut her wrong...

Any Suggestions I like this girl alot But if I have to change I will.

What would you do???

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
How long do you want her hair to be? The combs come in 1/4 inch increments so you can get any length you want, although most professional groomers scissor the longer lengths, I think, instead of using combs.

If you want a super short puppy cut, about a 1/2 inch, the 3F blade (no comb) is a nice cut.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 6 2005, 10:58 AM
How long do you want her hair to be? The combs come in 1/4 inch increments so you can get any length you want, although most professional groomers scissor the longer lengths, I think, instead of using combs.

If you want a super short puppy cut, about a 1/2 inch, the 3F blade (no comb) is a nice cut.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107132
[/QUOTE]
Kelly my groomer said, she could clip her or sissor cut ( I didn't know if that was a good idea glad to here they can sissor cut and still look good) How long is Lady's hair in this picture that looks like a great length..
Summer gets a bath every week so for right now were letting her grow. I know when winter comes around and she starts wearing her sweaters
thats when we'll have a problem, so I'm just thinking ahead :lol: Thanks I will keep this in mind..

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lady's hair looks short in that picture for some reason, but it's actually about 2&1/2 inches long. I think she was just brushed and it's lying down flat!

I trimmed her around the 4th of July and used a 3/4 inch comb.

I like her coat the length it is now. Very low maintenance! If it gets much longer, though, her front legs and chest are a pain because they are so cottony.

I like her at the 3/4 inch length, too, and was going to cut it again, but my mom talked me out of it. When it's shorter I can dress her more. She just gets too hot in clothes otherwise.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lucky got his puppy cut with an "E" comb on the clippers. He looks like a Bichon!!!! I will try to take a pic and post a bit later. He actually feels so silky!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts