Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Poor Summer I feel so bad for her, not feeling well after she got her teeth pulled ,unblical hernia fixed and a chip .. Well I guess I'd be pretty tried myself she's sleeping right now I'm just glad she's eating pretty good giving her soft foods
I have to leave her alone for about 2 hrs today an I feel so quilty
well I just though I'd let everyone know how it went and the Vet says she going to be just fine

Guys I changed Vets about a month ago an BOY
do I love this guy he is so good and takes the time to talk and answer any ? I might have.. Talked to me for 45 min before the operation. he knew I was very nervous.called right after surgery and said everything went fine
I appricated that so much .. well just wanted to let everyone know our baby is doing fine

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you're sooo lucky that you found a great vet?

where are you located?

thanks
cathy

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
aww... I'm so happy to hear everything turned out wonderful! I wish I could find a great local vet like you found...

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Oh, That's great! So glad she's doing fine!
It does help when you have a great vet! My vet's young but she's great, too!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Whew, another success story!! Glad to hear Summer is doing well....at least that's all over with!
Extra hugs and tail wags from Sisse...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Big hugs!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I am so glad that Summer's okay and that you love your new vet. A good bed side manner, taking the time to discuss and explain everything is just as important as their professional credentials, in my opinion.

·
Registered
313 Posts
big hugs and cuddles to summer

i'm so glad to hear that it went ok. since l.e. has to have the same things done in a month it is so comforting to hear the good news. how long did the operation take? did the vet explain the procedure? how long will she be recovering? sorry for all the ?'s i'm probably just as nervous as you were and it's so great to know that your baby went through it just fine

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by elliesmomie@May 26 2005, 11:09 AM
big hugs and cuddles to summer

i'm so glad to hear that it went ok.  since l.e. has to have the same things done in a month it is so comforting to hear the good news.  how long did the operation take?  did the vet explain the procedure?  how long will she be recovering?  sorry for all the ?'s i'm probably just as nervous as you were and it's so great to know that your baby went through it just fine 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65599
[/QUOTE]
I took her in at 8am and talk to the vet about 45 min. he said it would take 1hr or so. She had a Mini Pre- anesthetic screen, anesthesial , surgical venous catheterizat ( I think this is the one that if something happens in surgery they can give the meds. to her right in the IV in her leg other wise they have to look for a little vine ) extra cost but I felt it was worth it. They called at 12:30 and said everything went fine and to call back at 3:00 she was ok so we picked her up 3:15
He said recovery is about 2 weeks total, the stiches are on the inside and will dissolve on there own. gave me some meds. for her teeth ( roots were deep) to keep infection out and said everything should be great would not have to see her back unless I felt something was wrong (swelling etc.. ) Said could give her bath in 2 to 3 days but I'll wait till I now she's not hurting anymore.. She's very sore and sleeping alot but doing great today walks around with me SLOW but walking

And to the answer did I spayed her no we also talked about that alot. I know most of you don't agree but I would like to breed her 1 time . will wait an see in about 1 year i have some very good friends that have poocles and yorkies that said they would love to have one of her pups. SO I'm still thinking about it ..

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So happy to hear that everything went OK and that she is recovering.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Glad to hear she's doing well and wish for a rapid recovery.

Shrek just turned 6 months. He goes in on Tuesday for his neutering, hernia removal, microchip, and dental. I'm sure he'll do well, but it's always nerve wrecking until they are done, home, and healed!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts