Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has nothing to do with dogs, and I feel silly asking, but Im going to anyway

Summer is here, and I keep seeing these people wearing sandals, and their feet literally look as soft as the skin on a baby!! I'm jealous and I wan't to know how they do it. Does anyone know? Ok, Im done ranting now

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I don't have summer feet.
I am jealous of them too. -_- I will take the extra time and money on my kids and my pets, but not on myself.
Of course i stnad at my job ten months out of the year, so I have "teacher" feet...
It would take LOTS of work to get my rough callused feet back to baby soft...

Anybody got a good quick, easy fix? I'm listening...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Get a foot stone,pummis stone, etc. and while your in the shower or bath ,give your feet & heels the quick once over.If you take just a couple min. each time you will soon have great summer feet.After bath just apply lotion to your feet and ankles.then Just a few min. once a week or so apply some polish( I do mine after my shower)and your ready to go!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
my mom and sister are both teachers and have "teacher feet" and they looove sandles so i bought them those spa socks with lotion in them and they are faboo...well i say some just like them without the lotion but the same look at the dollar tree so i bought them those also and my says she likes them better cause they are not as hot but she covers her feet in baby oil and then puts the socks on everynight after she used her pummas stone

and i have these cuticle clippers i use to clip off my dry skin...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by HollyHobbie@May 27 2005, 04:22 PM
my mom and sister are both teachers and have "teacher feet" and they looove sandles so i bought them those spa socks with lotion in them and they are faboo...well i say some just like them without the lotion but the same look at the dollar tree so i bought them those also and my says she likes them better cause they are not as hot but she covers her feet in baby oil and then puts the socks on everynight after she used her pummas stone

and i have these cuticle clippers i use to clip off my dry skin...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66176
[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of those??!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I must admit I am addicted to Pedicures. I started getting them a year ago and now faithfully once a month I go and get them. I had the driest, cracked feet in town and now I don't and I proudly wear sandles to show off my jewels. That is what it feels like to me when you look down and see your toes painted. I do not indulge on many things but for $20 a month and they take 45 minutes and massage, parafin wax and the works. Money well spent in my mind. It is sooooooo relaxing. But if your feet are not bad the pumice stone and oil,lotion with the socks works, that is how I keep them soft in the month between pedicure's. WARNING----once you start you will not want to stop so be prepared..

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Oh man I totally forgot to put one of my secrets on here....I get a pedi at the beginning of spring and usually around my birthday which is half way in the middle of summer at the local beauty school it is students that do the work but they are 8 bucks. Yes 8 bucks. I pay 10 with the tip but that is not bad at all and they do a great job. if you have a beauty school around you it is worth looking into ...

ours are not as great at as the nicer salons in town that have massaging pedi chair you sit in but they are worth the 10 bucks

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
You may want to get at least one pedicure to get everything all cleaned up, nails shaped, etc. and then from then on you can maintain it yourself. It's probably good to get a pedicure at least twice a year... more often if possible.

I use something I got at Sally's that is like sandpaper (sort of) with a handle and I use it in the shower every day on my heels and soles. I also use a really good foot cream. It's good to use one with AHA and/or shea butter. Use a cream especially for feet. Bath & Body Works has some very nice foot creams. If mine need some TLC I'll lather the cream on before going to bed and then put socks on to sleep in.

Be sure to put foot cream on every single day. That'll help keep them nice and soft.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I get my nails done about every 2-3 weeks (they are acrylic). They do pedicures too. My feet are so ugly, I'd be embarrassed. But I would love to have them done. How do I get over my phobia?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@May 29 2005, 11:26 AM
I get my nails done about every 2-3 weeks (they are acrylic).  They do pedicures too. My feet are so ugly, I'd be embarrassed.  But I would love to have them done.  How do I get over my phobia?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66596
[/QUOTE]

They've probably seen it all... I'm sure yours are no worse than others.... they will soak them for a while is the soapy whirlpool so that will already get them looking better before they even start! You should do it.... you'll be hooked!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
soft feet
my wife gets mad at me because I dont put lotion on my feet, hello, it wasnt in the man handbook growing up to lotion my feet :lol:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@May 27 2005, 08:40 PM
You may want to get at least one pedicure to get everything all cleaned up, nails shaped, etc. and then from then on you can maintain it yourself. It's probably good to get a pedicure at least twice a year... more often if possible.

I use something I got at Sally's that is like sandpaper (sort of) with a handle and I use it in the shower every day on my heels and soles. I also use a really good foot cream. It's good to use one with AHA and/or shea butter. Use a cream especially for feet. Bath & Body Works has some very nice foot creams. If mine need some TLC I'll lather the cream on before going to bed and then put socks on to sleep in.

Be sure to put foot cream on every single day. That'll help keep them nice and soft.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66248
[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing like Catchers Mom. Everyday when I take a shower I use the sandpaper (sort of) with a handle mine is on a wooden base. I quickly scrub my feet with it. On Saturday or Sunday I take a soak in the bath with my own herbal products lavender oil or rosemary oil. It helps me to relax then again scrub my feet. At night I use the lavender oil/rosemary or peppermint.... even coco butter. Shea butter is amazing for dry skin . I have been creaming my feet for a long as I can remember. If I don't do it at night my feet just done feel right to me, because I'm so used to it. I really can not sleep well if they are not creamed. I also have heal spars that cause lots of pain. I bought a hommedic foot spa, it is amazing for sore feet as well as giving your self a pedicure with out bending and scrubbing.. It has a prim stone and massager built it with. It warms up cold water in min and make it hot and nice for hours on end. It turns off when you want it too. This would also be a good investment for keeping your feet nice while watching some TV. You can also add your own bath oil.
I have only had two pedicures in my life time. One month before my wedding and the week of my wedding. I too have this thing about people work on other feet. It just something in my mind I believe is wrong. My manicurist convinced me to give it a try so I did. She was shocked while working on them and said there is nothing to take off. I told her because I do my own feet, sorry it just a habit for me.

If any of you ar looking for a good foot spa... get this one ... it worth your money and really works.

http://bizrate.lycos.com/buy/noncat_prod_d...-295014313.html

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Did I understand you right, it gives you a pedicure? I have a muscle desease that keeps me from reaching my feet without alot of pain. That spa sounds perfect to me.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66611

Yep take a look at the picture.
Do you see that round thing in the picture in the middel. Those are the parts you can change. It has a brush, primstone and massage thing
While you’re sitting watching TV, you can just move your feet over the prim stone. It has a circular motion so it removes the ruff spots calluses of your feet. It also has rolling massage thing. It really feels great. Since you have issue bending, I would suggest select the one you really need to use before you place it on the floor and turn it on. The best feature for me is the hot water. It is really nice and hot. Not just warm and you can turn it on to heat up again when you like.
Oh I could not tell the jet bubbles from the whirl pool bubbles. Where you place your feet inside there is a tab and if you rest your feet on it the bubbles get stronger depending on the setting. You won’t realize this as you are normally resting your feet there anyway. My husband has bad feet too and it works for him as well. I'm really happy with my purchase.
p.s do not get the one with the remote control, i have read that it just shuts of on it own. And with this one you can just shut it of with your feet anyway

·
Registered
363 Posts
Did I understand you right, it gives you a pedicure? I have a muscle desease that keeps me from reaching my feet without alot of pain. That spa sounds perfect to me.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66611

Yep take a look at the picture.
Do you see that round thing in the picture in the middel. Those are the parts you can change. It has a brush, primstone and massage thing
While you’re sitting watching TV, you can just move your feet over the prim stone. It has a circular motion so it removes the ruff spots calluses of your feet. It also has rolling massage thing. It really feels great. Since you have issue bending, I would suggest select the one you really need to use before you place it on the floor and turn it on. The best feature for me is the hot water. It is really nice and hot. Not just warm and you can turn it on to heat up again when you like.
Oh I could not tell the jet bubbles from the whirl pool bubbles. Where you place your feet inside there is a tab and if you rest your feet on it the bubbles get stronger depending on the setting. You won’t realize this as you are normally resting your feet there anyway. My husband has bad feet too and it works for him as well. I'm really happy with my purchase.
p.s do not get the one with the remote control, i have read that it just shuts of on it own. And with this one you can just shut it of with your feet anyway
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66614
Thanks for all the info. I just might buy that one and order a paraffin wax thing too. I really like the idea of hot wax on my feet and hands. I bet it makes the joints feel great. They would pay for themselves in no time instead of goign to the salon. Thanks. :D

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@May 29 2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the info.  I just might buy that one and order a paraffin wax thing too.  I really like the idea of hot wax on my feet and hands.  I bet it makes the joints feel great.  They would pay for themselves in no time instead of goign to the salon.  Thanks.  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66623
[/QUOTE]

I definitely recommend doing the hot parafin at home. I've had it done at salons and it does feel fabulous but I do worry about putting my hands or feet in to something that other people have used. Granted, their feet are clean, etc. but there is just something about it! (They don't change the parafin out between customers.)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+May 29 2005, 12:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-maltsmom
@May 29 2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the info.  I just might buy that one and order a paraffin wax thing too.  I really like the idea of hot wax on my feet and hands.  I bet it makes the joints feel great.  They would pay for themselves in no time instead of goign to the salon.  Thanks.   :D
I definitely recommend doing the hot parafin at home. I've had it done at salons and it does feel fabulous but I do worry about putting my hands or feet in to something that other people have used. Granted, their feet are clean, etc. but there is just something about it! (They don't change the parafin out between customers.)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66624
[/B][/QUOTE]

eeewww! I didn't realize that. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom+May 29 2005, 02:02 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 29 2005, 12:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-maltsmom
Thanks for all the info.  I just might buy that one and order a paraffin wax thing too.  I really like the idea of hot wax on my feet and hands.  I bet it makes the joints feel great.  They would pay for themselves in no time instead of goign to the salon.  Thanks.  :D

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66625
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have neaver done that hot parafin how does it work. I've seen it in the stores.

I also have to metion.. while i was reading your responce .
eeewww!  I didn't realize that.[/B]
the picture of your puppy Jill laying on her back came up.. it's like she was say the eeewww! So funny

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Chelsey+May 29 2005, 02:37 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 29 2005, 12:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-maltsmom
Thanks for all the info.  I just might buy that one and order a paraffin wax thing too.  I really like the idea of hot wax on my feet and hands.  I bet it makes the joints feel great.  They would pay for themselves in no time instead of goign to the salon.  Thanks.   :D

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66625
I have neaver done that hot parafin how does it work. I've seen it in the stores.

I also have to metion.. while i was reading your responce .
eeewww!  I didn't realize that.[/B]
the picture of your puppy Jill laying on her back came up.. it's like she was say the eeewww! So funny

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66626
[/B][/QUOTE]

The parafin is in a special container... sort of looks like a crock pot... a smaller one for hands and a large one for feet. You dip your hand or foot in, one at a time. They bring it to where you are, so if you are sitting in a pedicure chair it would be right there. The parafin is very warm and soothing feeling as it forms to your hands and feet and hardens. I haven't had this done in about a year. I think they peel it off after about 10 minutes......

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@May 29 2005, 10:26 AM
I get my nails done about every 2-3 weeks (they are acrylic).  They do pedicures too. My feet are so ugly, I'd be embarrassed.  But I would love to have them done.  How do I get over my phobia?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66596
[/QUOTE]

Just Go! And then sneak a peek at the feet around you.....feet are like people and the prettiest ones are in ads! Most people have funny feet or wierd looking toes, etc. We're just accustomed to seeing the feet belong to foot models who have been selected because they have the only pretty feet around!

It's not a beauty contest and you will feel just great afterwards. My feet are always so HAPPY after a pedicure.

And go to the beauty supply and get one of those rough pink/yellow/green block rough scrubby thingeys and use it on the bottoms and sides of your feet everytime you bathe and your feet will never get that bad again. You'll still want a pedicure for your toes, though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts