Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Summer Safe at last

821 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  puppylucy 
#1 ·
Well I just wanted to let everyone know
I got Summer a seat belt harness And believe it or not the little rat just sits there and rides like its the only way she's ever been in the car. I thought I was going to have this big
baby crying and she just sat there looked at me like ok
lets go mom
She usually ALWAYS wants to ride right in my lap even when the daughter is in the car I'll hand her to Jaimie and Summer jumps right back in my lap and snuggles down to sleep :lol: But after I read the thread on car seats I was feeling really guilty so yesterday we got one
SO now I feel like a very responsable parent :lol:

See less See more
#5 ·
I know I was the worst she use to ride behind my neck :eek: she loved it she would just lie down and watch the cars go bye
I know it was bad I''ll try to get a picture; of her in it I got it at Petco I really never go there because its on the other side of town and I think are petsmart has more things a bigger varity its like a harness with sheep skin inside so it pretty soft
Sharon did you get one of those seats that looks like ? a box if so how do u keep her in it? is there a collar or something?
I'VE seem them and they look pretty cool but what keep sthem from jumping out :eek:

#8 ·
Originally posted by Theresa@Jun 26 2005, 07:51 AM
She is being the biggest brat right now Its like she doesn't know what she wants I pick her up she whines put her down and she whines or tries to chew the desk chair Which I'm going to have to replace she keeps chewing the wood on the bottom

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75290
[/QUOTE]

lol, lucy does that alll the time. barks to get up on my bed, barks to get down, barks to get up.. you get the picture
does she want something? food or a walk maybe? or is she just being difficult?

#11 ·
Originally posted by Theresa@Jun 26 2005, 05:44 AM
I know I was the worst she use to ride behind my neck  :eek:  she loved it she would just lie down and watch the cars go bye
  I know it  was bad I''ll try to get a picture; of her in it I got it at Petco I really never go there because its on the other side of town and I think are petsmart has more things  a bigger varity its like a harness with sheep skin inside so it pretty soft
Sharon did you get one of those seats that looks like  ? a box if so how do u keep her in it?  is there a collar or something?
  I'VE seem them and they look pretty cool but what keep sthem from jumping out :eek:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75286
[/QUOTE]

Theresa-I believe her car seat is called Lookout
I should have checked before I answer your post.....
anyway-the seat belt goes through the back and then theres a piece for the seat belt and her harness which attaches. It sits up at window height and she loves looking out the window or sleeping......you know she's never tried to jump out--I'm sooooooo bad -if I'm just running for a quick errand I don't always put her harness on before we go
I don't know if it sits up to high and she's afraid to jump or what. But she LOVES it...she gets in there and nestles (is that a word)
ha....around. I was thinking about getting the kind you have those are really nice and safe....but then I was in a pet store and they had this one AND its pink lol....so I had too.......

#14 ·
Originally posted by scrappy@Jun 26 2005, 08:16 PM
A pic of Scrappy sleeping in his Lookout carseat.  You can see how comfortable he is and how much he loves it.

The little bit of pink you can see is a satin pillow sham that he likes to sleep with.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75419
[/QUOTE]

cute pic~!! i have to ask though, is there any restraint on scrappy himself? like, if you were in a crash [god forbid], would he go flying through the air?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.