Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried evrything. Right now she's eating Innova, The problem is she wont eat it dry would love for her to just it the dry food, BUT NO she has to have some kind of meat in it
I know its my fault BUT how do we switch
This is her routine:

6 am. Innova, ground turkey (boiled) cottage cheese
( will eat the turkey , cottage cheese and sometimes the kibbles)

4 to 5 pm. Samething as above ( plus some little bits of what ever we might have for dinner
) just small bites only

Now here's the thing she will eat Christy's food when she's outside ( kibbles only, Innova) Munches down on it
I can put the dry in the house and she sniffs and walks away

Should I try just putting dry out and not offer anything else? This is it baby eat

and wait and see

I don't want her to be hungry

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
How old is Summer? How big is the kibble? Scooby won't eat the bigger bits but he now munches down on the Royal Canin small bits for small dogs. We have tried so many varieties and this is the first one he has eaten willingly.
He loves being downstairs too and often eats very well down there, perhaps Summer likes eating outside.
The vet told us that a dog will not go hungry and will eventually eat, it is us who can't stand to think they are not eating enough. This is what makes a fussy eater, we think they won't eat it so we try something we know they will eat.
They have us trained well, don't you think?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,
I have a VERY TINY FINICKY baby... Cha Cha... Try a food called Stella & chewy's. It's probably one of the best ever... It's freeze dryed steaks & chicken. Completely pure and natural. It also comes frozen patty and you defost. It's SOOOOO good for our baby's. NO FILLER @ all! It's sold only at specialty pet shoppes. You can look at locations on their website. FYI- I mix in a bit of dried peas with it!
Jellybn1

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Nov 10 2005, 08:05 AM
How old is Summer? How big is the kibble? Scooby won't eat the bigger bits but he now munches down on the Royal Canin small bits for small dogs. We have tried so many varieties and this is the first one he has eaten willingly.
He loves being downstairs too and often eats very well down there, perhaps Summer likes eating outside.
The vet told us that a dog will not go hungry and will eventually eat, it is us who can't stand to think they are not eating enough. This is what makes a fussy eater, we think they won't eat it so we try something we know they will eat.
They have us trained well, don't you think?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118619
[/QUOTE]
Summer will be 1 yr. on Dec. 2nd. The kibbles are about the size of your thumb nail the puppy kibbles are smaller. I know your right about them eating when their hungry because, she will it the same food outside
So today I'm going to try just putting the dry kibbles out and see what happens

I'm also going to check out the freezed dry food ( she loves
the freezed dry chicken strips) her favorite

Oh did I mention we've tried lets see
Royal Canin, Chicken soup for dogs, Natural choice,Evenger and I'm sure I've missed a few lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
Iams has bottled sauce that is meat flavored for their kibble. I haven't tried it yet...although, I did buy it. It's that Max eats everything I put out for him. Eventually, it will be all dry food...better for the teeth, I think. Plus, when I had my lhasa, I kept her on dry food all her life, and she maintained good teeth and stayed youthful. At 8 years old she was still running laps like a puppy. I think the food makes a big difference.

·
Registered
802 Posts
p.s.--right now it's Eukenuba for small breed pups + Nutro for pups (all natural from PetSmart) and some Authority moist, not for long.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by MaxMommy@Nov 16 2005, 02:17 PM
Iams has bottled sauce that is meat flavored for their kibble.  I haven't tried it yet...although, I did buy it.  It's that Max eats everything I put out for him.  Eventually, it will be all dry food...better for the teeth, I think.  Plus, when I had my lhasa, I kept her on dry food all her life, and she maintained good teeth and stayed youthful.  At 8 years old she was still running laps like a puppy.  I think the food makes a big difference.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120305
[/QUOTE]
I agree my Christy is about 10 or 11 yrs. ( not sure she came from the spca, was about a year when we got her)
she still acts like a pup I see a little slowing down but not a lot.. She eats all dry food plus a
little table food after dinner ( my husband's doing)
Summer loves chicken , turkey and lamb etc.. Whats so
is she will gobble up the kibbles outside in Christy's dish. But just smells hers (same food)
Well I keep working on it . :lol: also going to try the natural that jellybn1 suggested

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,
How's your baby? Have you tried Stella & Chewy's yet? I'm thinking of you! Please let us know!!! Hope all works out!!
Jellybn1

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by jellybn1@Nov 18 2005, 08:55 AM
Hi,
    How's your baby? Have you tried Stella & Chewy's yet? I'm thinking of you! Please let us know!!! Hope all works out!!
                                                        Jellybn1 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120852
[/QUOTE]
No I haven't had time to search it out, going to the special store today (we only have one in town) I hope she can get it, also going to try on line . I just hate having to go on line to buy food.
we'll keep u posted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.