Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Summer

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Theresa 
#1 ·
I'm so nervous,Summer is getting spayed on Monday. Please wish her well I feel so bad knowing she's going to be in pain
any advise would be helpful.

Also does anyone else have this problem
Summer has been humping (sorry no easy way to say it) her two favorite toys ? I mean all the time I have to hide them from her, she goes crazy :new_Eyecrazy:
Please don't get mad
she has gone threw her first heat. I know I should have spayed her earlyer
I was going to breed her but she's just to small .
Anyway she started the toy thing about the same time she was in heat I know that someone said it was her way of showing that she's the alpha or something like that. I 'm just curious is she going to always do this now?

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sure it will be fine.

I would have pre-blood work done. Also if you are going to get her microchipped now is a good time since she will be out and won't feel it. If she needs any baby teeth pulled have them pulled now so you won't have to put her out later to do it. Make sure you get the pain meds to take home with you. Nikki has been living in baby onesies since she got home from the vet last week. I got sick of undoing the crotch part of the onesie so I just cut it off (made like a long t-shirt. It still works great but this way I don't have to remember to undo the crotch part.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Oct 28 2005, 08:03 AM
I'm sure it will be fine. 

I would have pre-blood work done.  Also if you are going to get her microchipped now is a good time since she will be out and won't feel it.  If she needs any baby teeth pulled have them pulled now so you won't have to put her out later to do it.  Make sure you get the pain meds to take home with you.  Nikki has been living in baby onesies since she got home from the vet last week.  I got sick of undoing the crotch part of the onesie so I just cut it off (made like a long t-shirt.  It still works great but this way I don't have to remember to undo the crotch part.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=114261
[/QUOTE]

We get blood work done today her breast were a little swollen and blue so I took her in last mon. and they said to get blood work first .. They don't think its anything to worry about

ok call me
but whats a onesie? I hate to say this but Summer has been micro chipped and had a hernia fixed when she was younger Summer is 11 mos. Nov 2nd I so sorry I didn't fix her back then. Her stiches where on the inside so she really didn't have a insission?

But thanks for all the good wishes, Summer says
thank you too!

#7 ·
Best Wishes for Summer!! Harley was spayed last week and its over before you know it. Just remember they only have to do this once (I had a dream it was once a year, but thank goodness that was just a nightmare
) I wouldn't worry too much about her being in pain, just take the pain medicine to give her and keep her relatively still. Bella and Harley both didn't even seem to hurt at all. I'm keeping Harley still just in case, but she is her usual hyper self. As for the humping the toys, I think its just a dominance thing. I wouldn't worry, Bella has been spayed and she still does that sometimes. Just breathe and pamper yourself a little, relaxing will help her realx, and you deserve it too

#11 ·
Thanks everyone Summer had her blood work done on Friday, evrything looks good.
So we're on for Monday morning
I know everything we be all right, I love my vet he is so good.

I do have some ? for all of you . Will Summer gain alot of weight ? My Christy is very wide in her back and
a little on the heavy side ( she eats like a horse. I think who ever had her before me (we got her from the SPCA about 12 yrs ago) well let's just say I don't think she was loved

Anyway Jaimie my daughter is so afraid Summer will became this little piggy :eek: I on the other hand feel she will gain a little weight but on the whole she's not a big eater so I think she will be alright
What is everyones experince on this did your babies change , gain wieght etc..

#15 ·
Kallie was spayed at 6 months and she is 3-1/2 now and lean. It is up to us if our babies get overweight. We're in charge of their feeding and treats. If we give them too much to eat, they don't know any better and they'll eat it. If they are not getting enough exercise, that is our fault, too. So, as long as you don't let her get overweight, she won't!

#17 ·
Originally posted by Theresa@Oct 28 2005, 07:40 AM
  I'm so nervous,Summer is getting spayed on Monday. Please wish her well I feel so bad knowing she's going to be in pain

Summer has been humping (sorry no easy way to say it) her two favorite toys ? I mean all the time I have to hide them from her, she goes crazy :new_Eyecrazy: 
Please don't get mad 
  she has gone threw her first heat.  I know I should have spayed her earlyer 
Anyway she started the toy thing about the same time she was in heat I know that someone said it was her way of showing that she's the alpha or something like that. I 'm just curious is she going to always do this now?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=114250
[/QUOTE]

I don't think you should be apologizing to the forum or being worried about people being mad at you. The risks you take with your dog are totally your right. Its your dog and you can do as you want!!!

Best wishes for her recovery. And I really wouldn't worry about the weight gain -- I think its a myth.

#18 ·
Originally posted by okw+Oct 30 2005, 10:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Theresa
@Oct 28 2005, 07:40 AM

Please don't get mad 
  she has gone threw her first heat.  I know I should have spayed her earlyer 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=114250
I don't think you should be apologizing to the forum or being worried about people being mad at you. The risks you take with your dog are totally your right. Its your dog and you can do as you want!!!

Best wishes for her recovery. And I really wouldn't worry about the weight gain -- I think its a myth.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115004
[/B][/QUOTE]
okw
I know ur right it is my choice. We thought about breeding her one time only. I talk to my vet about it and when she went into heat last mo. she was only 4 1/2 lbs. we decided it was not in her best interest ( the vet,myself and Jaimie) to let her breed so here we are Monday and she's getting ready to go
I just hate that she's going to be in pain...)
Thanks again for all the good wishes everyone is so nice here

#23 ·
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Oct 31 2005, 02:35 PM
How is Summer doing?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=115278
[/QUOTE]
As of yesterday at 1:30 all is well. I called and she was doing fine, went thru the surgery great. We can't pick her up until after 8:30 this morning it's 5:30 now.. I woke up thinking
I know she hungry
Our poor baby she's going to be so mad at me

Will let u all know as soon as I bring her home
Thanks for all the thoughts
and prayers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.