Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
How very sad she looks. Anyone in the Houston area that can rescue her before she's euthanized?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in Houston and I have called the la porte animal control. They said sunshine will be up for adoption tommorrow. The only problem is they close at 6pm. I did see on there website they are open on sundays which would be the only day I can make it out there. I know she will have to immediately go to a vet to get checked out but my vet clinic is closed on sundays. Should my current maltese be ok around her if she is up to date on all her shots. Thats if sunshine is still there on sunday.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
OMG - I'm praying that you'll make it in time to save her life. I don't know anything about her being around your other dogs but I would gather whenever anyone gets a dog from a shelter like that, that they'd need to segregate that dog in an enclosure in the beginning and certainly until it can get to the vet. She looks so little and frightened. Thank you for trying!!:grouphug:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I am in Houston and I have called the la porte animal control. They said sunshine will be up for adoption tommorrow. The only problem is they close at 6pm. I did see on there website they are open on sundays which would be the only day I can make it out there. I know she will have to immediately go to a vet to get checked out but my vet clinic is closed on sundays. Should my current maltese be ok around her if she is up to date on all her shots. Thats if sunshine is still there on sunday.
Maybe if you contact your vet tomorrow they will be kind enough to come in Sunday for a few to give her a check out if you explain. I'm sure there is a Maltese Rescue somewhere down there that would take her if you can't keep her.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I gate my newbies in the "hospital" area upstairs.

When a little one comes along with obvious urgent vet care needed,
and my vet is closed, I go to the 24-hour emergency clinic.

I think you should contact a rescue organization in your area.
See if they have someone to get her out sooner, if not let them know
you will pull her on their behalf. The rescue will have the shelter put
a hold on her.

She sure looks like a shy little thing. Bless her heart.
I would pull her at the drop of a hat ~ :wub:

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Oh, good luck with everything. I pray it all works out for you and pretty girl Sunshine.
xoxoxoxo

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to do some research today. I am sure there has to be a maltese rescue in this big city to see if they can pull her before sunday or at least put a hold on her for me. Thanks for the info about keeping the dogs seperated.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow i checked this morning and sunshine is not on petfinder anymore....she was there yesterday and she was going up for adoption today that was really really fast i called the animal control but just got the answer machine i hope a rescue group put a hold on her

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
wow i checked this morning and sunshine is not on petfinder anymore....she was there yesterday and she was going up for adoption today that was really really fast i called the animal control but just got the answer machine i hope a rescue group put a hold on her
Am really hoping that this is good news. Can you try to follow up again even though the machine picked up? Maybe this afternoon? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok ladies is it just me or is Sunshine back on petfinder??? I tried calling the animal control again and only get there answering machine. This time I left a message lets see if they call back.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow I just got through and talked to a worker. He said Sunshine was still there with them but that he had recieved tons of calls about her. He told me its on a first come basis. He actually sounded a bit annoyed at all the calls sunshine has been getting.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i went on sunday to see if sunshine was still at the animal control facility... She had already been rescued :):)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts