Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my puppy, Charlie, in another month or so. I have started to think about buying her supplies now to cut back on the huge cost of buying them all right before her arrival. My question to all of you is, which size harness should I buy for this tiny puppy? Do any of you have the measurements of the harness you used while your furbabies were ity-bitty? Another question I had was which petsilk shampooing products you use-- there are so many! Although I'm not sure if I'm looking at the correct website, can someone could post a link to a website that I can order the petsilk products? Thanks, this site is sooo helpful! Oh, and here are the newest pictures of my new baby (about a week old now)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Congrats on your new baby! Great name for a little girl!! I would check out petedge.com, they have just about everything you need and have great prices. I use Bless the Beast hair products so I can't tell you about petsilk. As far as the harness, I bought one from pamperedpuppy.com and it's a step-in that has a sliding adjustable clippy-thing. I got the x-small but its adjustable so it can grow with her. Ruby should only be 4 to 4.5 lbs. Oh, by the way, your picture didn't show up!! Have fun shopping!

Ruby's mom Martha

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Hi! Charlie is really cute!

This is the site I ordered my PetSilk products from: MJM PetSilk

I just got my 2nd little girl over the weekend. I had a harness (regular kind you get at PetCo or PetsMart) but it is a little big for my girl (2lbs). So I went to my locally owned pet store and bought one that is made for toy breeders. It is called Li'l Pals. They have matching harnesses, collars and leashes. It was a perfect fit and she still has room to groom. I would NOT recommend it as a car safety harness. The neck part goes around the next so she could be seriously hurt if jerked hard.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jun 27 2005, 07:38 PM
Hi!  Charlie is really cute! 

I just got my 2nd little girl over the weekend.  I had a harness (regular kind you get at PetCo or PetsMart) but it is a little big for my girl (2lbs).  So I went to my locally owned pet store and bought one that is made for toy breeders.  It is called Li'l Pals.  They have matching harnesses, collars and leashes.  It was a perfect fit and she still has room to groom.  I would NOT recommend it as a car safety harness.  The neck part goes around the next so she could be seriously hurt if jerked hard.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75778
[/QUOTE]

is that safe for walking? not doubting you or anything (
) just wondering.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy+Jun 27 2005, 11:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jun 27 2005, 07:38 PM
Hi!  Charlie is really cute! 

I just got my 2nd little girl over the weekend.  I had a harness (regular kind you get at PetCo or PetsMart) but it is a little big for my girl (2lbs).  So I went to my locally owned pet store and bought one that is made for toy breeders.  It is called Li'l Pals.  They have matching harnesses, collars and leashes.  It was a perfect fit and she still has room to groom.  I would NOT recommend it as a car safety harness.  The neck part goes around the next so she could be seriously hurt if jerked hard.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75778
is that safe for walking? not doubting you or anything (
) just wondering.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75851
[/B][/QUOTE]
Here is a pic of it:

When she gets a little bigger and we start going for walks I will switch to the regular harness or the step in kind. This is mostly to get her used to it and to go for short walks around the yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts