1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Done. You might want to go back and post something voicing support for PAWS in the new thread that was established by someone NOT from the forum asking forum members to oppose the bill.
The link to that thread:

Thread called: Stop PAWS legislation!, federal bill contrary to dogs

Yes, it says contrary to dogs!
The bill is of course, contrary to the exploitation, abuse, and neglect of dogs, and certainly not contrary to dogs!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Jul 7 2005, 11:48 PM
Done.  You might want to go back and post something voicing support for PAWS in the new thread that was established by someone NOT from the forum asking forum members to oppose the bill. 
The link to that thread:

Thread called: Stop PAWS legislation!, federal bill contrary to dogs

Yes, it says contrary to dogs! 
The bill is of course, contrary to the exploitation, abuse, and neglect of dogs, and certainly not contrary to dogs!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79274
[/QUOTE]
I think I'm going to stay out of possible heated post for a while had enough of that.

I see no problem with this act bill or what ever its called. Unless they have something to hide why would they care if they have to be inspected.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I am so impressed,I e-mailed the gov. of Iowa and 10 min. Later I recieved a e-mail back that he was unaware of the bill ,and If I could send more information,he would have his staff look into it! I call that fast,but it shows us that all officals are not aware of all the bills,so we must contact them! I alos sent one to our local rep. but have not heard back as yet.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Done too!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Done!!

Seems that this will stop what we have seen here on SM where someone is getting a puppy and just because the breeder isn't on the USDA list they think all is well. But that is because this large-scale breeder (puppymill) sells directly to the public and doesn't need a USDA license. This bill will protect breeding pairs and puppies in this situation.

"Animals in large scale breeding operations often suffer from lack of proper veterinary care and socialization. Because of a loophole in current law, large commercial breeders who sell puppies and kittens directly to the public are exempt from the Animal Welfare Act. PAWS will close this loophole and provide a safety net for these animals and important protection for consumers who purchase a pet through and ad or over the Internet. Both the animal and the consumer suffer when a puppy or kitten is bred in horrible conditions and has resulting health and behavior problems. It's time to close the loophole and require all big commercial breeding operations to comply with basic animal welfare rules."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts