Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Guinevere
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My little Guinevere is scheduled for surgery. It won't be the super invasive TPLO done mainly for large dogs, but the one where they suture the ligament.so yes SURGERY. I am so stressed about this as the recovery is a long 12 weeks w minimal activity no running or jumping. (Really ..a Maltese?)
My vet said to leash her in the house.
I bought a stroller hoping that will help her see what Im doing when I can't hold her.
Im so worried she will run or jump up to be petted as she does 50 times a day to me and my husband and tear it again before it can heal.
My husband is wanting me to get another opinion mainly bc of the cost of the surgery. That is not my biggest concern.
I trust my vet and her surgeon and to have a 3rd exam with another vet office, pushing and twisting on her seems extreme when its obvious she has not used her back leg for 3 weeks.
Its so hard to make the right decision on her vet or surgery Im worried I am doing the right thing NOT getting another opinion.
Oh and also her knee cap is slipping a bit.
Just so worried for her.

Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
When is the surgery scheduled? A carriage is a great idea and you should take her on walks with that. She will enjoy the fresh. You might also try a playpen when working in the house and have it beside you. Good luck

Registered
Guinevere
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I like the play pen idea and also the fresh air walks.. she would like that.
Thank you
Its scheduled for Nov 2.

Registered
Guinevere
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know we鈥檝e all been on here for a while with our angels. So thank you.

Registered
Guinevere
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guinevere is home after her surgery from yesterday.
the Extracapsular Repair surgery (not TPLO).
A long recovery with keeping limited activity and me just the fear of her falling off the bed in her state now.
Even thought it was never allowed..but a few times sneaked.
Now Im pretty sure she torn it spinning out on the hardwood floors though.
Sleeping in a stroller now so I can get some stuff done.
Also bought a small playpen..
The cone is annoying for her..馃様
But glad the surgery is done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts