Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mellow: ok yes, when I lost Mr Wookie, I just about lost my heart and mind. God had other plans. Some of you may recall me joking about "once I had groomed Mr Wookie's coat for 15 year, I would be ready for a hairless doggie." OH yes, God did put an older Hairless Chinese Crested in my life, but we lost her a few months ago. Yet Layla has reopened my heart to dogs. So... it my super duper thankful pleasure to introduce you all to our new doggie Whisper.
:wub: Whispers first topknot 5 6 14.jpg :chili: :blush: Hope I attached her photo correctly. She is a doll and today is her first topknot day, RED LETTER day for sure. It hasn't even seemed to bother her, yet. :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
13,429 Posts
I remember you and Mr. Wookie, and I'm so sorry for the loss of both your pups and welcome to your new little one who is adorable btw.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
:wub:Congrats! Beautiful puppy. I was shocked when I heard about Wookie and sad. I am sure Whisper will heal your heart:wub: welcome back!

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both very much. When Mr Wookie passed, I know how I should have reached out but sadly I didn't, I ran the other way. I turned off all things Maltese and packed it up both physically, mentally and emotionally and goodness I honestly am so surprised how deeply I packed it up in my mind. For the past few weeks, every time I have tried to recall much about all I knew, I can't. I have been wracking my brain to remember everyone and their dogs' names, great products I use to enjoy using and other things, and just about NOTHING is coming back to me. Aging is not for the weak, THAT is for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Oh my goodness, Whisper is just adorable:wub:. Congratulations on your new little one. I am sure Mr. Wookie is looking down on you both with a smile on his face.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I was so very sorry hear about Mr. Wookie and can understand just how very hard if was for you to lose him. Whisper is absolutely beautiful and I can see how she stole your heart. What a precious little face!!

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Isn't it wonderful to be back in Maltese World? Whisper is an absolutely adorable puppy. But, oh that Mr. Wookie was a magnificent beauty....okay, he looks very much like my MiMi...I am so sorry that he left you to go to Heaven. I am hoping that MiMi outlives me, if not I think it will be only a few days before I join her.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
I love the name Whisper and she is absolutely beautiful- Our hearts do get heavy but they are so big... and how big do they really have to be to let another darling maltese back in? I can't imagine life without one. So happy for you!! Post more pics!!! Puppy Fever!!!

·
Premium Member
20,062 Posts
Mel, we all loved Mr. Wookie so much - he was indeed very special....OMG....I just loved that little man.

But lookie who's here now!!!!! A tiny whisper of a pup!! She is precious!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

:chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
24,027 Posts
Welcome back!! I too was so sorry to hear about Mr. Wookie. It's so hard to accept it when they're gone physically but they're always a part of our hearts. What a little beauty Whisper is and I love her name. :wub: So glad you've returned. :chili:

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Welcome back! :) Whisper is adorable :heart: where did she come from?
Lucille Bardack of Cara Mia Maltese. Thank YOU ALL for the very warm welcome back. It took me totally by surprise when my heart let me jump back into Maltese Land but I am so happy I could jump back in. NOTHING anywhere like a Malt. :wub:

All of you that have replied and understand about my loss of Mr Wookie truly have touched my heart. And to add to that, your generous comments about lil Whisper. Oh my goodness, she is such a different doggie then Mr Wookie.
1) she is a girl! LOL, which I had thought I wanted in the first place
2) she is a wiggle butt, unlike Wookie, who from almost the beginning layed or sat perfectly still during grooming, she sees it has her job to move as much as she can. LOL in her defense, she is much younger then Mr Wookie was when he came home to live with me. So she has time on her side, to learn.
3) she LOVES to play, and play and play, with anything and everything. I adore this about her.
4) she IS a dog! When she gets a toy, she shakes it half to death, after she goes potty she flicks her legs, like a big dog. This makes me laugh so hard still.

I am VERY blessed to have Whisper and for however long I have her, I now know better to value EVER moment.

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Welcome back, it's so hard to loose our little ones and we have a hard time avoiding that pain. We lost Amy and we swore no cocker spaniels again, it hurt too much...but after we got Emily and Sasha, we missed cockers.. So we got Amber and she's such a good match with our Malts...
Whisper is such a beautiful name... loved Mr. Wookie too.. He's in heaven , glad you're not alone...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome back SM! I'm so glad you decided to return and bring with you your darling little Whisper. I, too, lost a malt that was very special to me and I've had a hard time getting over her but I have come to realize she would want me to go and have other special babies in my life and our reunion will be later at the Bridge. Mr. Wookie will always occupy that special little place in your heart forever.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Cara Mia Maltese, well that is one I haven't seen mentioned on here. She has lovely dogs.

When I lost my Bichon, Sophie, I was unable to get another, that is why I went Maltese. I will be happy when my daughter gets one though, she has planned for next year. We just love them so much our hearts break.

Wookie was a special one :) and much loved. Whisper is going to help your heart.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts