Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smheat: Phew!!! I did it. It's over.:chili::chili: I was indeed a guest on Nate Berkus' Show today and it was great!! Had to get there at 7:45am:blink: and was taken to hair, makeup, food and drink (I like that!) and then briefed on what I'd be asked and kind of what I should answer which was verbatim of what I told the associate producer over the phone. So it really was my own words. They rehearsed with the 4 of us who were selected (one -home furnishings; one clothes, one- jewelry and me- electronics) They kept saying we had to go over the top with energy. Then they also said we shouldn't let Nate go on but kind of steer back to what we were going to say. :w00t: Tell the host of a show what to do. :huh: Uh, sure. They were really nice. Went to the studio and they put me IN THE MIDDLE SEAT OF THE FRONT ROW.:new_shocked::new_shocked: And two seats away from me is Nate's brother and his girlfriend is next to me. They were so nice and fun. So I was the third one called and Nate and a woman from Shop Smart came to me and were asking me about my purchase and she gave more shopping tips. The segment went on way longer than I thought it would and he did veer off from what they said they'd ask which kind of threw me but I think I did okay. And I got a little sterling silver diamond heart necklace which was a gift they gave to members of the audience.:chili::chili:
All in all I think it went fairly well; at least the producers said it did. Though won't know until I see it on air. I'll let you all know when - probably around 3 weeks. The producer will let me know. Thanks so much for wishing me well.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Sounds like so much fun, Sue. Good for you. You and Tyler really are celebrities. Our celebrities meeting others. If you ever meet or see Bono without me, I'd be crushed. LOL
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Wowza! I'm just getting caught back up here on SM and was reading your other thread about being asked to be on the show. Congrats!! You must really have that star quality because between you and Tyler, you have had some pretty exciting things happen.

I'm sure you were perfect and can't wait to see you on the show!!

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
I can't wait to see the show! This is so exciting! As Crystal said ... I am sure you were perfect, Sue.

I expect to see you and Tyler on Oprah's new network soon!

I am soooooo happy for you!

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Sounds great, Sue!!! :aktion033::aktion033: I'm absolutely certain that you were wonderful! Can't wait to see it!

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
:smheat: Phew!!! I did it. It's over.:chili::chili: I was indeed a guest on Nate Berkus' Show today and it was great!! Had to get there at 7:45am:blink: and was taken to hair, makeup, food and drink (I like that!) and then briefed on what I'd be asked and kind of what I should answer which was verbatim of what I told the associate producer over the phone. So it really was my own words. They rehearsed with the 4 of us who were selected (one -home furnishings; one clothes, one- jewelry and me- electronics) They kept saying we had to go over the top with energy. Then they also said we shouldn't let Nate go on but kind of steer back to what we were going to say. :w00t: Tell the host of a show what to do. :huh: Uh, sure. They were really nice. Went to the studio and they put me IN THE MIDDLE SEAT OF THE FRONT ROW.:new_shocked::new_shocked: And two seats away from me is Nate's brother and his girlfriend is next to me. They were so nice and fun. So I was the third one called and Nate and a woman from Shop Smart came to me and were asking me about my purchase and she gave more shopping tips. The segment went on way longer than I thought it would and he did veer off from what they said they'd ask which kind of threw me but I think I did okay. And I got a little sterling silver diamond heart necklace which was a gift they gave to members of the audience.:chili::chili:
All in all I think it went fairly well; at least the producers said it did. Though won't know until I see it on air. I'll let you all know when - probably around 3 weeks. The producer will let me know. Thanks so much for wishing me well.
Oh I always know you would do great!! One questions though, was it Nates girlfirend? Or his brothers girlfriend? I had always thought that Nate swam in the man pond!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I figured you would do great on the show. I remember seeing Nate on Oprah and talking about what had happened during the Tsunami, it was just so heartbreaking. He seems like a really nice guy. I have to check and see if we get his show in my area so i can DVR or watch it if home. Don't forget to tell us when it's going to air.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Sue, please let me know when it is going to be on TV because I don't normally watch TV, so I don't know anything about Nate Berkus or his show. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like so much fun, Sue. Good for you. You and Tyler really are celebrities. Our celebrities meeting others. If you ever meet or see Bono without me, I'd be crushed. LOL
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox
Kerry - if I see Bono I will personally get a very big net and bag him for you and I dear. Same with Sting:)
Wowza! I'm just getting caught back up here on SM and was reading your other thread about being asked to be on the show. Congrats!! You must really have that star quality because between you and Tyler, you have had some pretty exciting things happen.

I'm sure you were perfect and can't wait to see you on the show!!
I think it comes with living in NYC. So many shows are done here that I take advantage of seeing them. Being picked for this was a total fluke though. Just sent an e-mail answering their questions and they called:)
I can't wait to see the show! This is so exciting! As Crystal said ... I am sure you were perfect, Sue.

I expect to see you and Tyler on Oprah's new network soon!

I am soooooo happy for you!
I wish I could work at Oprah's new network!! I really do excel more behind the scenes where I'm comfortable, Marie.
Sounds great, Sue!!! :aktion033::aktion033: I'm absolutely certain that you were wonderful! Can't wait to see it!
I'll let you know Debbie.

pammy4501;1878231]Oh I always know you would do great!! One questions though, was it Nates girlfirend? Or his brothers girlfriend? I had always thought that Nate swam in the man pond![/QUOTE]
Pam - yes it was the brother's girlfriend and Nate is definitely gay. He lost his gay partner in the tsunami.
I figured you would do great on the show. I remember seeing Nate on Oprah and talking about what had happened during the Tsunami, it was just so heartbreaking. He seems like a really nice guy. I have to check and see if we get his show in my area so i can DVR or watch it if home. Don't forget to tell us when it's going to air.
That was how I felt when I saw the Oprah show with him. Didn't he look like such a broken, haunted man. He was really sweet and funny and nice today and I asked his brother if he's really like that and his brother says he's the best brother in the world and even dressed him today.:HistericalSmiley:He kept looking to his brother in the audience. BTW the whole audience also played a fun game of trivia from the 80's :chili::chili: when they were changing from one segment to another. I came up with St. Elsewhere.:rockon:
sounds like all went well !!! i cant wait to see the show !!
Thanks Liza. I'll let you all know.
Sue, please let me know when it is going to be on TV because I don't normally watch TV, so I don't know anything about Nate Berkus or his show. :biggrin:
Nate was Oprah's home design guru and now has his own show and line of products. I'll give you some warning to try to find it. LOL Thanks for breaking your usual pattern for it. :hugging:
OH I did mention that I got a great deal on Tyler.:aktion033:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Yes, please be sure to let us know when it is on. I don't watch TV enough to have anything but the basic channels. I'll get my daughter to drv it so I can watch it later.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, please be sure to let us know when it is on. I don't watch TV enough to have anything but the basic channels. I'll get my daughter to drv it so I can watch it later.
Lynn - it's syndicated and here in New York it's the NBC affiliate so not on a cable station but on basic channels. I think you can check the shows website to see where it's on in your area.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Doing some catch up and so fun to read both how it came about and this thread telling of your experience. I'm not a big TV watcher and honeatly haven't see his show BUT!!!! when you give us the info...you BET I'll be tuning in! :thumbsup:
OH... can we have your autograph?? B)

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Yeah!!!!:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:
So excited to see you on the show, I cannot wait!:chili::chili:

I was already anxiously waiting for today's show :brownbag::wacko1:

Sounds like it was a lot of fun :smilie_daumenpos:

I have been a big time fan of Nate!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Woohoo, this is so exciting! I'm gonna be checking to see if we get his show here in this area, I'm sure we do....we HAVE to! :w00t:

Did they do your makeup for you? .....is the green room really....green? just wondering. :innocent:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts