Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Zoe is doing very well...and has been keeping me very busy! She's thirteen weeks now and, being the curious little puppy she is, she loves to explore. She will smell and sometimes lick the tile kitchen floor. My concern is I really need to mop and I usually use the swiffer mop thing....you spray the cleanser and then, you know, clean it with the little mop (duh right?).
Anyway, of course I wouldn't let her hang out in the kitchen until the cleanser was dry...but after it is, will it be dangerous to her if she licks at the floor and there is still residue there?
Every little thing worries me! I don't know...should I mop with something else?
Thanks everyone,
Brittany

·
Registered
400 Posts
This was either swiffer or a product similar to it-

I read in some paper that a dog and two cats in a house died from it. The cleaner damaged their liver. If I find the article I'll post it.

Now that I'm thinking of it I think it might have been in a tabloid or something. So, who knows if it's true!
I really don't know, I think it stil might have been in a newspaper. It was a while ago.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I use the Swiffer Wetjet ALL the time, (still training my Yorkie! lol), so I am constantly cleaning up p spots on the floor with it, works great and the pups have had no adverse reactions to it. They aren't licking the floor! lol

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
maybe use natures miracle to clean the floors if you're worried about the swiffer. natures miracle will also deter her from licking or peeing on there.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i used to pour natures miracle on our steps because gruffi liked chewing on the carpet.....little ****. lol.
he's so cute.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I have found Sampson and Maggie smell everything and "sense" what is harmfull to them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts