Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying:Swiffer went to the vets and the groomer. Ends up he has yeast infections in both ears,,,poor baby!
I am not pleased with the groomer's cut at all! Look at pics in my photo albumn. ( if i knew how to put them here i would)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know our groomer did her best,,but I would rather her to have shaved him down n start over.
What do you all think?

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
He looks clean, but still a little raggedy.:huh: I noticed she didn't trim his feet. Does he have a cottony coat? 'cause it looks like it in the pics. Cotton coats I believe are more difficult to manage. I think a good all around trim would be better then shaving him down and starting over. He's just a cutie in any shape he's in!:wub:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Georgia, he's a pretty boy! Best of all he probably feels so much better now that his ears are being medicated.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Awwwh I hope that the infection gets cleared pretty quick.

I know what you mean, the malts had hair cuts that I wasn't happy with few times before because the groomed decided to do it his own way. But you know, best thing about our babies is that their cost grows like a weed ;) Swiffer still looks adorable and you will soon start to not mind the hair cut ..

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I use Nature's Organics Olive shampoo,it has just enough olive oil to nourish the coat w/o weighing it down. Emily (she's really cottony) is the only one I have to a conditioning rinse,I water down the Nature's organics deep conditioner and rinse her off. I use a little Cowboy Magic on each of their bums to help those hitchhikers fall off.

·
Premium Member
17,451 Posts
I would wait on a nice shampoo until the ears are well enough! Sometimes it takes a while to heal deeply inside.
Are you using a bit of oil on her food? I use coconut oil for Kitzi & it really helps with the coat and he loves it. Of course he isn't a fussy eater at all.
I hope she feels better very soon! Hugs from Kitzi.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I don't think I'd totally shave Swiffer but I'd cut down a lot. More like a puppy or summer cut so that it's easier to get the look you want. It will also be less traumatic for him since he's a rescue not having to worry about mats and there will be more conditioning of new hair rather than trying to get the older hair under control. Sorry he has the ear infections but the meds will help. He looks so sweet!:wub:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I don't think I'd totally shave Swiffer but I'd cut down a lot. More like a puppy or summer cut so that it's easier to get the look you want. It will also be less traumatic for him since he's a rescue not having to worry about mats and there will be more conditioning of new hair rather than trying to get the older hair under control. Sorry he has the ear infections but the meds will help. He looks so sweet!:wub:
I love the puppy cuts. They're easy to maintain and look so cute. I think it's important to not put any undue stress on him, too. I hope Swiffer's ear infection clears up soon. Ear infections are so painful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts