Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of switching Puddles from Innova to Royal Canin (Yorkshire). The only place I could find Innova was a health food store over an hour from me.

After spending a long time in Petsmart reading dog food bags, I got even more confused. So decided on the Royal Canin, then there was a decision on while type he needed...dang. So, I going to try the Yorkshire #28.

As for the switching, Puddles little smart butt, is picking the Royal Canin out leaving the Innova laying in the floor.

What's your opinion of the Royal Canin, Yorkshire #25?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Puddles sure is a piece of work!

I spend alot of time reading the PetSmart labels, too. Yes, I went through the same confusion also.

Royal Canin is a good food. I was just reading dog food ratings last night and Royal Canin was up there with Flint River Ranch, Innova etc. So, it's a good choice, especially if your pup likes it.

I am planning on switching to Innova soon. After adding Nutru Ultra to Max's diet, I notice him itching alot more. Could be the Authority moist, too. I wanted to have him on some moist for a while.

I will probably keep him eventually on two brands, 1/2 of each. So if one is lacking in certain nutrients, the other one might have them and visa versa. I read that is a good thing to do.

Did you try the Natura website to find a store for Innova? Good luck on whichever you try. Let us know how your pup does on it.

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=stores-tab

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Do they have the royal canin #30 for fussy, small dogs? My dogs liked that, but they liked Innova evo better. Right now I am feeding them innova evo, natures variety praire freeze dried, and raw chicken necks, backs and also a small marrow bone once a week. They are happy with shiney coats and white teeth. This combination seems to work well for us.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I dont have any good advice because i'm having the same issues right now... There are soo many choices out there...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have 2 yorkies and there was a time I considered this when we got our first pup, a yorkie, almost 3 years ago, but decided against it after seeking some advice from those who were more knowledgeable at the time. While Royal Canin's ingredients seem pretty good, I have heard some negative things about the food. In particularly, the yorkshire terrier one. If I was going to switch to Royal Canin, I would go with the RC mini and not the yorkie one, but thats JMO and obervation from some things I have heard.

I am pretty sure that Royal Canin is also pretty high in fat so I would be careful of that also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts