Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sending positive thoughts to Sylvia, Alan, and the fluffs. Early this morning (around 3AM) a neighbor knocked on their door and said they had to evacuate immediately ... due to the fires spreading to Santa Rosa.

Right at the moment, they are staying with client's of Alan's. So, they are safe. But, that can change, too. The fires could spread to where they are right now. But, understandably, Sylvia is very scared. They were not able to take anything with them except the fluffs and their bird. I was so relieved to know they are all safe and okay. Sylvia will keep in touch with me. Right now she is exhausted because she has not had any sleep and realizes they might lose their home. She told me downtown Santa Rosa is in flames and even from what I understand ... mostly everything has burned down.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,963 Posts
Sending positive thoughts their way. I can not even imagine, what they are going through. To have your entire life unended like that. Hoping the fire diverts before reaching their house. I just looked at some of the pictures of the fire and it is bad. I glad they and their fluffs and bird got out safely.

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,651 Posts
Thinking of you, Alan, and the fluffs Sylvia. Sending positive thoughts that your home will be spared and that they get these fires under control very soon. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,791 Posts
I have had Sylvia on my mind all day---constantly praying for her safety & sanity. Thank God she is for the moment safe!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
1995 we went through fire storm, we lived in the country, I was home alone when I was told to evacuate I stayed home until Lorin got there. I watched trees go up like match sticks. We had just built our small home, i remember Lorin and I laying hands on our home and praying The Lord giveth the taketh away, Blessed be the name of the Lord. We we took our photos, and Lorin took our insurance papers. You just don't have time to get anything else. We left with our neighbors not knowing if we would have a homes to go back to. the road was closed, the back road had a tree that had fallen. Lorin drove back and got his chain saw and cut the tree so we could get by. After that I knew if we lived in the country that we had to have many ways out. For us the winds changed course and our house was saved.
It's so stressful I will be praying for Sylvia and Allen, this is just terrible for them and all the people affected by this fire. Marie please let Sylvia know I am praying for them

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
This is such terrible news. My heart breaks for Sylvia. It is a relief to know they are safe. I remember how thrilled she was when they bought that home. Sending hugs and prayers.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I will be keeping Sylvia and her family in my thoughts and prayers during this very stressful time that they and their home will be safe.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I am thankful that Sylvia and Alan and their pets are safe. I will be praying that their house will be ok and they will be able to return to it. I feel sick to my stomach and I'm totally numb knowing that this has hit one of my SM family. I pray that all involved in Ca stay safe.
:prayer::prayer::prayer:

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
I am thankful that Sylvia and Alan and their pets are safe. I will be praying that their house will be ok and they will be able to return to it. I feel sick to my stomach and I'm totally numb knowing that this has hit one of my SM family. I pray that all involved in Ca stay safe.
:prayer::prayer::prayer:

:goodpost:
:ThankYou:Lynda--I agree.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
I'm watching the news as I type,

Heavenly Father hear our prayers, Lord be merciful, so many have lost all their material possessions, thank you Lord that you have spared lives. Lord we ask that you put your angels around Sylvia and Allen's home. Lord bring calmness over their hearts, your peace that passes all understanding, may they see your mighty hand at work. When one of us hurt we all hurt. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
Sylvia posted on FB about an hour ago that she can't up-date just yet as her "hands are shaking so hard." Prayers continued!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,963 Posts
I saw the pictures in the Washington Post and New York Times this morning. It looks really bad. The downtown was completely razed. There were pictures of hospital personnel wheeling patients down the street in gurneys, with the fire visible behind them. There are a lot of fires going on in that area right nor and several of the vineyards were completely destroyed and it will take years before the grape vines produce again.

I know it is cliche but Alan, Sylvia, and the fluffs and bird are all uninjured, and that is the most important thing. I don't know what is left of Sylvia's house, but I woke up in the middle of the night in chills thinking about the destruction that could be. I really hope her house was left untouched.

·
Premium Member
24,027 Posts
Thanks for posting here, Marie and talking to Sylvia. I've been sick over this fire since yesterday. I was so relieved that Sylvia and Alan and the pets got out. That is the main concern but now I was more worried that they might have lost their house from that last post on FB about her shaking too much. I hope it isn't because the house is gone. Praying for her.
And yesterday I also I first found out my friend who lives in Santa Rosa too escaped with two of her children and their pets and the 3rd son was supposed to follow but he didn't have enough gas so was staying at the house. I thought I'd go out of my mind with worry. He's only in his early 20's. They weren't able to go back to get him because of the roads closing but last night they went back and got him. They're house was standing but it looked like a war zone and the fire was possibly coming back again. They had to leave their horses because they had no way to transport them. He's a vet so you can imagine how much this hurt. They marked the horses with IDs. Not to many things are scarier than raging fires. Hoping my friends will be okay and all the others who have suffered from it. :smcry:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts