Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Synflex has arrived, but I have so far been unable to get Sir N to agree to having any of it in his mouth. This is surprising as he usually likes everything and it does smell rather sweet. Oh well. I won't be too upset if he totally refuses it forever as it has shark cartilage in it.
Somehow, I missed that when I was reading about it.
Anyway, even though he hasn't been taking any of it and ran out of pain medicine a week ago, he's doing great again. We even went for a walk for the first time in a couple of weeks and he did well. Wanted me to carry him up the stairs when we got back, but then proceeded to run and jump like a nut after his feet got washed. Looks like he's going to be just fine. :D

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Oct 29 2005, 09:06 AM
Well, the Synflex has arrived, but I have so far been unable to get Sir N to agree to having any of it in his mouth.  This is surprising as he usually likes everything and it does smell rather sweet.  Oh well.  I won't be too upset if he totally refuses it forever as it has shark cartilage in it. 
  Somehow, I missed that when I was reading about it. 
  Anyway, even though he hasn't been taking any of it and ran out of pain medicine a week ago, he's doing great again.  We even went for a walk for the first time in a couple of weeks and he did well.  Wanted me to carry him up the stairs when we got back, but then proceeded to run and jump like a nut after his feet got washed.  Looks like he's going to be just fine.  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=114519
[/QUOTE]

NC do you have a dropper that you can fill with the recommended dose? What you need to do it put the dropper in the side of his cheek right back to his back teeth and squirt it in there and he should swallow it without a problem. Hope that helps in some way

We were taking the Glucosmine and Chrontroitin in tablet form but have since changed to the liquid as well because it is said that it works better by being absorbed more readily into the system.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Syringe without the needle.

Your vet should have some. Thats how I give Nupro Joint (a dry additive to food). I dont sprinkle on top of food because it makes his face look like he just roll around in mud.

I make a gravy of it, get it inside the syringe, and feed it to him slowly into his mouth. I dont stick the syringe ALL the way in his mouth, but rather a little at the time and let him lick the syringe.

I also ordered synflex and will be using my trusty old syringe as well to feed it to paris.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I also use a syringe. Daisy has been taking Syn-Flex for a couple of months now, and I must say it shows. Her tired old bones are coming to life.

She didn't love it at first, still doesn't, but she doesn't fight me anymore when I shove the syringe in her mouth.

Good luck, and keep trying. It's well worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts