Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out not wanting Bentley to eat table scraps and really stuck to it. Now with 6 grandkids that visit they tend to drop food or give food to Bentley. Now he begs and barks to get food everytime we eat. Anyone else have this problem? I really need to work on this.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I swore I wasn't about to give Morgan any either...one look in those eyes and I backed down real fast and he won! lol
I really need to be stronger, I dont' want him having trouble because of me. I am supposed to be the adult here, so guess it is time for me to be before it gets REALLY out of hand. He doesn' tbark, but he has his paws up on my leg and just stares at me, tongue hanging out and tail going a mile aminute. I have a real hard time saying no.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Both my husband and I agreed, no table scraps! Now that we have had Tiki a while we sometimes will drop a baby carrot or grape for him. I try to do this only while I am working in the kitchen and he doesn't beg from me at the table. I have discovered though that over the past few weeks my husband has been dropping grapes at the table, well now, Tiki seems to think he should get one every morning, at the table (from my husband)

I am encouraging my husband not to give scraps at the table, so he does it when Tiki isn't paying attention, don't know if this will work though :lol:

When he begs, we do not respond, and he will usually go to his bed and lay down.

Tiki's Mom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts