Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Maltese dogs wag their tail much? I know it's a weird question, but my little girl only wags her tail on specific occasions. E.g. when Legolas (her feline brother) plays with her, when I come back from work, when my grandmother visits.... I know some dogs that will go through the day wagging their tails, but is the Maltese less of a wagger? What are your experiences?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i would say they are less of a wagger...compared to a lab yes. parker only wags his tail at the times you mention...mention a lab's name and the tail goes rampid. but i dont think they are the least waggiest...my mother's yorkie hardly ever wags her tail...only if she sees a squirrel outside is when she wags....so yes your baby is normal :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki is the same way. I sure wish he would wag it more! He will wag for: treats, walks, play time, "get the kitty". I love when he waggs his little tail, it always brings a smile to any one in the room

Judi

·
Registered
54 Posts
mine two too

if they are wagging their tail and themselves be sure of one thing they have a reason for it

I find malts to be a bit more picky about things in general than most breeds and the tail wagging is no exception!! :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'm glad that my Fay is not the only one. I was worried that we weren't making her happy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Meesta wags his tails when he sees me or my husband, food, other people, etc. You know, just anything that would make him happy!
:D

J

·
0 Posts
Before I got Lacey I had read that maltese are not much of tail waggers. Well, my little one wags her tail all day long, but she also acts crazy. I keep telling her that she is a maltese and she should be lady like! My breeder told me that she was the "sassy one out of the litter" and she wasn't kidding. But I love her so much and to me she is the perfect little girl. She went to the groomers today and everyone there just fell in love with her. She has such a personality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by I love my PALBERT@Jul 29 2004, 10:53 PM
My little Palbert wags his tail ALL THE TIME!! I can just look at him, go to pet him, say his name etc. and he wags that little tail. It's very cute.
Palbert is an original name, how did you choose it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by _Carissa_@Jul 29 2004, 09:55 PM
Palbert is an original name, how did you choose it?
It's pretty silly, actually. The name is off an internet cartoon. The word 'Pal' became Palbert. The cartoon was so funny I just had to use it. I knew it would be completely original. And I just love it. I couldn't see him as any other name (I had thought of Martini or Scampi... not so good for this pup).

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
spite and ellie only really wag their tails crazy at each other or with gruffi. i guess im not that interesting

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy isn't a tail wagger at all.. he's more of a jump up and down kinda guy. When he does wag his tail, it's like this tiny little wag that always seems to say "Eh, you are mildly interesting to me." :lol:

·
Registered
831 Posts
My girls wag their tail alot, specially Maya. When we get home from work they go crazy, when I'm baby talking to them, when they wake me up with kisses they wag their tail....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Jul 30 2004, 09:03 AM
spite and ellie only really wag their tails crazy at each other or with gruffi. i guess im not that interesting
awwww doctorcathy im sure u ARE interesting !! i bet they show their affection to u in a different way :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts