Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we stay at a rv park in AZ for the winters, through the years we have gotten to know many people there, I received a call today from a friend that the lady who has her rv parked next to our's was in a head on collision yesterday, she died, the passagener died and the person in the other car also died. I never spent much time with this lady, I wonder what I might have missed by not taking my time to get to know her. It made me think how short our lives are down here, we never know what might happen in the next hour. Please tell someone you love them today and take a moment to think of someone who might just need a moment of your time.
I want each of you to know I am blessed to have found SM and to have wonderful friends like you each one of you have a special place in my heart. I also want each of you to know I love you. I don't think we say that enough to one another

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, gosh, Paula, what a shame about your RV neighbor!

You are such a special person Paula.... beloved by all! :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Paula - so sad to hear about your RV neighbor.

What you said is sooooooooooo true. it sees to have taken me a long time to learn to stop and smell the roses, but I did finally catch on after my mother pasted away and I had my first bout with cancer. It really took all of that to make me realize that my career wasn't that important and that the people in my life were that important. God does have a way of making us realize what life is about.

Thanks for the reminder.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh Paula I am so sorry to hear about your RV neighbor.
You know we all love you very much, you are such an inspiration to us all.:wub:

·
Super Moderator
10,242 Posts
Paula - I'm so sorry about your neighbors. What you said is true - and I'm not going to wait any longer - I love you all, my SM friends!

·
Premium Member
10,200 Posts
Paula, I am sorry about your neighbor. And, it is true ... we never know when our last moments on earth will be.

You are so loved, Paula. I love you. :tender: And, I love all the wonderful friends I have been blessed to meet on SM.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Paula, some day I truly hope to meet you in person as you seem like such a wonderful woman that makes everyone feel like a friend from first glance. I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor but thankful for your reminder to live each day to its fullest.......thank you for such a gentle, but important, reminder.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Oh wow, what tragic, tragic news.... and Yes, definitely a very sobering reminder to not take a single moment for granted.

You ladies DO rock and I've very much enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you.

I will be remembering those that perished in that rv/car accident in my prayers tonight...them and their families/friends.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
That's so sad, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbors. It's scary when things like that happen so close and always sad no matter who it is.
If I was your neighbor I think I would find that comforting and have a sense of security with you next door. Even if you weren't friends you know who is a good neighbor.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Paula, I am so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your neighbor.

What you said is so true. We often take tomorrow for granted and don't say I love you enough. I echo the sentiments of everyone else - we love you, Paula! You are such a blessing to SM and to me personally. :grouphug:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry to hear about the lady at the rv park. You are right we are not promised tomorrow, makes one think about where they are going to spend eternity!!!!! I can say i know if i was to die today where i would go. thank you Lord!!!!

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
My hubby and I say I love you all the time. We also give each other hugs,kisses and sniffs and the dogs everyday before he goes to work. He's had a few close calls at work,I've had a few in town or at home,so we always make sure the last thing we say before we leave is I love you,even if it's a quick errand into town and coming right back.You never know if you will be right back.
Same w/ friends and people I know,I try to never leave the end of a conversation in a bad way,you never know if those angry words will be your last ones w/ that person....

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,701 Posts
Thank you Paula, for the posting! A timely word indeed! It is so important to keep "short accounts" in all regards, isn't it! Recently we have lost several good friends---some quite suddenly (that is the down side of aging)---some were still very young though. Living overseas also makes us aware of keeping close to those we love -- if only by email or phone---or even a trip to reunite. We have a rule that we don't say good-by to our 2 grown daughters without having some definite plan of when we will meet up next!
So to all of you new SM friends out there "it is a joy to know you---even in cyberspace!" Thank you for all your support---both to me and to all the others on this forum. It is nice to be part of this family!

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
Paula, that is so sad about your neighbors.:grouphug:

thank you for the reminder,
Pearlan and i love our sm family:heart:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts