Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kitzi has been having some issues & had slight seizure last Sat. night a wk. ago. I spoke w/our TX vet & she advised us to go to the heart hospital after she saw a video of him after the seizure. We spoke w/heart clinic (CVCA) this wk. & they advised us to bring him in if things develop. It was a very rough night last night & I finally sedated him---he is still partly sedated & we are taking him in for an evaluation. I called & there is a 6-8 hr. wait so he will stay there until he can be seen. I do NOT think it is his heart. Please pray for all of us & that the consulting doctor will be able to accurately tell us what is up. It may be his gall-bladder or something simple as that. I am very nervous about how he acted in the night. Prayers please.

· Registered
3,898 Posts
Oh Sandi!! I was so very sorry to have just read your recent post regarding little Kitizi!! And you can be sure that I will be praying for all of you that the Dr. will figure out what is going on with him. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long and will be seen sooner.

· Premium Member
18,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are home at my daughter's condo---Kitzi had to stay at the ER & they are monitoring him. He is stable. I am a hot-mess as they say today! It was a long, hard night & we have had a few since last Sat. that were not as bad as last night. I need to rest but am too wired. Theyikl will continue to monitor Kitzi & the doctor will see him later today when they are not so backed up. I am just glad they took him in & will do an evaluation. We had planned to go back to VA. either today or tomorrow but not sure now.
My own feeling is that he will be fine, but it is hard to see him in distress l

· Premium Member
18,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lisi is not leaving my side & realizes that something is amiss.

· Premium Member
18,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANK YOU Dee! The doctor called & I approved tests so I should know more soon. She said Kitzi is being such a sweet boy! She said his heart murmur is really bad, but I knew that already. I suggested they check his bladder (for stones) & his gall-bladder so she assured me the full body exray will help us there. They are down 3 doctors today so it may take a while. I sure appreciate those prayers!
He has not eaten today so that might help to alleviate the pain.

· Premium Member
18,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am waiting on a call-back from the doctor. No real news. They did say he had taken his dinner when they tried to feed him & buried it in his crate. Poor little guy!

· Premium Member
18,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just talked w/ the doctor who is following up Kitzi & he will be there over night tonight. Nothing significant has shown up & her concern is that it may be that Kitzi needs an MRI of the brain but she can't recommend that due to his heart condition. He will be started tonight on a lasix tablet & they will continue to monitor him to see if he has an "episode" w/them. It may be that the lasix will alleviate some of his agitation & relieve the pressure around his heart. Please continue to pray for an accurate diagnosis. Thanks guys!

· Registered
117 Posts
I just talked w/ the doctor who is following up Kitzi & he will be there over night tonight. Nothing significant has shown up & her concern is that it may be that Kitzi needs an MRI of the brain but she can't recommend that due to his heart condition. He will be started tonight on a lasix tablet & they will continue to monitor him to see if he has an "episode" w/them. It may be that the lasix will alleviate some of his agitation & relieve the pressure around his heart. Please continue to pray for an accurate diagnosis. Thanks guys!
I am keeping you and Kitzi in my thoughts and prayers. I glad he is being monitored tonight and hope the Vet can find
the reason for this.

· Registered
428 Posts
Oh Sandi , Awww poor guy! He buried dinner.. glad he is being monitored and watched closely. So sorry to hear this news. I am saying prayers for you and your baby. I feel for you so much! I hope you get some type of diagnosis of what it is caused from the doctors.

· Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,695 Posts
Oh Sandi, I'm just seeing this and just know I'm praying for Kitzi and you and Dwight. It's so stressful not knowing what is wrong. Get some rest.

· Registered
3,898 Posts
I have been thinking of all of you all night and was hoping to hear something more significant this morning as the rest of us here on SM as well. I am sure that you will hear more this morning and I am hoping for the best for that sweet little Boy of yours. Prayers will continue for all of you!!

· Premium Member
18,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update:
Thank you all so very much for prayers, thoughts & well wishes. We just broke our boy from jail & Lisi has been smelling/sniffing all over him! He was pretty confused when we got him but is settling in nicely. He is peeing a lot due to the lasix! My DD has a third/& fourth floor condo here in Annapolis so we will go back to VA tomorrow where she has a ground floor flat. The on-duty doctor said it would be ok just to give lasix in the AM (w/reduced dose) or wait until we return to TX providing Kitzi tolerates that. She does not want him stressed under any circumstances. Most of his blood tests turned out ok, except for one & that was not too bad. I will want to talk w/his vet when we get home. They confirmed that his heart situation is not good but that is not news to us & in fact we have an appt. for his 6 month check up w/his cardiologist in Feb already. They did sedate him last night so he had a good night---and they gave us 2 pain meds to get us through until we return to TX. I can not say enough good about CVCA as all of the cardiologist we have seen w/them have not only been extremely knowledgable but also very compassionate!

The doctor who took care of him here feels he may have an issue w/his brain but she does not feel it would be responsible to put him through an MRI because of his heart & we agree. We will continue to try & keep him as comfortable as possible. He will be 13 in Feb & we intend to enjoy every single day w/him.

I send warm love to each of you & thank you so much for being here for us!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts