Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm trying a new groomer Monday and I just wanted to share. This way if I'm totally depressed Monday, or so pleased I'm doing cartwheels, you all can be prepared
I went in to look around and ask my list of possibly fourty questions, and I think it will work out fine. The place is really clean and quiet and the lady said she would put Bella and Harley in the front office when she's finished with them so they can sleep or play until i pick them up. She has a play room, but that just doesn't sound appropriate for two five pound dogs, you never know what other dogs will be in there. I just assumed she would crate them when I said I didn't want them in the play room, but she said she would let them play in the front room (gated) with the receptionist so they could have wiggle room and I'm thrilled about that. Not that it matters though, because when she calls and says they're ready I'm sure I'll practically fly to pick them up
Anyway, just felt like sharing my excitment and anxiety with people that understand. I'll let you know how it goes Monday.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Sep 8 2005, 08:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-AJ
@Sep 8 2005, 07:30 PM
Oh, I loove that place!!!  They have some great stuff, and my friend took her malt there and they did a fabulous job.  littlepeanut, they have one near us too!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97924
Uh oh...another place to spend money
I'll have to check that out, thanks AJ

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97941
[/B][/QUOTE]
One thing I fotgot to mention, its REALLY expensive, but the stuff is soo cute!!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, I don't think the one I'm taking them to is part of a chain, there wasn't any merchandise for sale
, but it was so clean when I checked it out, I mean dentist office kind of clean
Can't wait to see how it goes!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Sep 9 2005, 05:16 PM
Hmm, I don't think the one I'm taking them to is part of a chain, there wasn't any merchandise for sale
  , but it was so clean when I checked it out, I mean dentist office kind of clean
Can't wait to see how it goes!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98125
[/QUOTE]
Really? Thats odd, but maybe its a little different, the spa and boutique are sort of separate things, but at the same place.

Hope everything goes well!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, here's the update: The new groomer was great! When I picked the girls up they were running around in the office having a great time, and Bella was happy, I have never seen Bella happy at the groomers. She even put a cute little scarf on Harley since her hair is too short for a topknot. It seems like they are going to get a lot more personal attention too, I waited in the parking lot for a good ten minutes spying on them and they were being cuddled by the staff and played with, it was great!! I still need to get her to use my bands in my Bella's hair (I'm kind of picky about that, I prefer the lainee bands) but I wanted to wait and see if they would be going back before I got too crazy.....and if she puts in the bands then I can use LadysMom's bows on top of them and it will be great! So far, I just have one complaint, Bella and Harley use PoochPads, so I took one for them, and I asked if she had any problems. She said Harley peed on the floor (she doesn't do that at home), and so I asked her if they put out their pad, and she said she did, so then I asked for it back so I could take it home and wash it, and she said "sure, here it is" and picked it up off her desk. How are they supposed to use it if its folded up on her desk?? Oh well, I'm sure there was some sort of misunderstanding. She probably just thought they would use her disposable ones, but they probably didn't know what those were for. All in all though, I'm pretty excited about it. The dogs were happy when I picked them up, and that means a lot to me. Also, she said Bella took her long grooming very well and held up her paws one by one so she could clip her nails, such a lady!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Sep 13 2005, 01:43 PM
I waited in the parking lot for a good ten minutes spying on them and they were being cuddled by the staff and played with, it was great!! 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99248
[/QUOTE]

I can see it now, the lady in the shades and the scarf wrapped around the face...
What any good mom would do..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts