Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another day and too many dollars spent. I can't stop. Anyway I went to Walgreens today and got a Talk to me Treat ball! It is a hard plastic ball that has a recorder in it and a hole in the other end. I recorded a message to Rex and he has been chasing that thing around everywhere! It takes a while for a treat to fall out and it wore him out! I wanted to save it for a Christmas present, but I couldnt resist giving it to him today!
I also got a Maltese ornament for $2.50 at Walgreens. It doesnt really look like Rex, but we didnt have any Maltese ornaments, so I just wanted to share that with you all too!

BTW--the talk to me ball by Booda at Walgreens is $9.99 and the treats were $2.49 that went in it. I was looking around online to see if I got a decent deal or not and I found out it cost more elsewhere!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I just ordered a Maltese stocking yesterday. I was looking around for an ornament but didn't really see anything that jumped out at me. I will have to stop in at Walgreen's and check their's out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by paris@Nov 18 2005, 03:38 PM
I just ordered a Maltese stocking yesterday.  I was looking around for an ornament but didn't really see anything that jumped out at me.  I will have to stop in at Walgreen's and check their's out.  Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120987
[/QUOTE]

A stocking with a Maltese on it? Please, you have to tell me where you ordered it from!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I ordered the one from plowhearth and I had it personalized with Abbey's name. It is a very nicely made stocking.
Really beautiful! It has velvet on the back and it's a large stocking. I am very happy with it. They did a great job with the embroidery.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
All three of the socks are beautiful. I am wondering if there is some business out there that takes your picture and puts it on a stocking, anyone know?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We have the treat ball but Miko is downright scared of it!! Its kind of funny actually -- he will walk all the way around it just to avoid accidently touching it. Even when we stuffed it with treats and roll it for him, he would run, get the treat and run away. My husband just rolled his eyes said "I told you so"!!!

PS. Miko is normally not scared of anything so this is really unusual!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My hubby, who manages a Rite Aid and is a fierce competitor of Walgreens...(we are forbidden to shop there..
) actually went and bought me two of the maltese ornaments from Walgreens when he saw them in the ad....
That is TRUE LOVE...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I have the stockings from plowhearth for Sadie and Sassy. I'm going to check out Walgreens today. Saks carries a line of beautiful dog ornaments that are kind of pricey. I have a bichon and a maltese and I think that they were around $40 each. They are really beautiful, though.

PS. I couldn't find the ornament on their site, but I got the Bichon from the Saks in New Orleans a couple of years ago and then got the Maltese in Vegas last year. I saw them in Houston's Saks yesterday so I know that they are still carrying them. They are made of the blown glass like Radko.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I stopped at Walgreens Friday, right after this thread was started. I found the ornaments, but they didn't have any Maltese. The Yorkie was cute. They had Chihuahuas and Shih Tsus, but that was it for the toys.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by okw@Nov 19 2005, 11:51 PM
We have the treat ball but Miko is downright scared of it!!  Its kind of funny actually -- he will walk all the way around it just to avoid accidently touching it.  Even when we stuffed it with treats and roll it for him, he would run, get the treat and run away.  My husband just rolled his eyes said "I told you so"!!! 

PS.  Miko is normally not scared of anything so this is really unusual!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=121336
[/QUOTE]

My Chloe has it figured out. She is scared of it also, but will follow my sheltie around as she pushes it and eat the treats. She lets the sheltie do all the work and she reaps the rewards!

My neighbor told me about the maltese ornament at Walgreens. I went and got it and was going to get the sheltie one also. It didn't look too great though, so I passed on purchasing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.