Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night the kids were playing and I think Tchelsi came down on her right front foot "funny". We took her for xrays just in case ... tho the doc said it's likely no bones are broken if she is putting any weight on the foot. The vet thinks Tchelsi has some arthrits in her shoulder as well.

Here's my problem ... I can't keep Tchelsi from jumping off of the bed and the sofa. We have a little set of doggie stairs for her, but she refuses to use them. Also, we have taken her Po away from her, as she "plays" too rough with it. For those that don't know, Tchelsi always plays with Po at least once a day ... it's a ritual. I think she thinks she's being punished because we've taken away her favorite toy, and we won't let her on the bed or couch with us. She is so pathetic. This is really getting to me.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh no Heidi, I hope she did not injure herself! Yes, sometimes they won't use the stairs. CeeCee use to be that way until Rain came. Rain is too small and too scared to jump down from the couch, bed or chair.........so she used the stairs and CeeCee followed her lead. When they are that way they think they are invincible and can do anything.....even fly!!! I hope there can be some compromise but I am like you, I don't know what it is.......poor baby!! Please keep us informed....:wub::wub:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It's funny how we feel almost useless when our furbabies are having problems or don't feel well. I will say a little prayer for the both of you. :prayer::prayer: and hope she is feeling much better soon. I know they search and search for their favorite toy or item and have a schedule they get used to but maybe if you can find something new to get her interested in she might be happy for the time being. Is there a way to put her into something on the bed so she will still be with you but can't jump down?

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
Poor girl....not Po :w00t:....that is a punishment!!!:smilie_tischkante:!

Is she on an anti-inflamitory? Archie has so many problems with his legs, I think our two are a lot a like. Arch started limping a year ago right out of the blue, the vet says he has arthritis in his front elbows. he limped for a long while, but the cosequin is working now, and the limp is gone. I hope Tchelsi just pulled something and it's not something that'll give her problems for life.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Heidi if she sprained a muscle or tendon, it's not going away in two days. You really need to stop her from jumping. I know it's not easy. It took us a long time to make Alex use the stairs.

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Bonnie wouldn't use stairs, either. Luckily, our bed is too high for her to even think about jumping. If I had to do it all over (which I might, as she is getting o.l.d.e.r.), I would try tempting her with treats on the steps. Either that, or maybe get a ramp?

Sure hope Tchelsi Ann feels better soon.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Aw dang Heidi...that is just the worst. You've got to be feeling like a big ole' meanie. Can you tell when she's about ready to jump down off the bed so that you can stop her with a vocal 'uh-uh' and set her down? That way she can still snuggle with you. I'm so sorry. Hopefully Miss T will get tons of new toys to see if maybe there is something she likes as much as her beloved po that won't aggravate her leg.

Zoe & Jett think you need to get rid of the bed and sleep with just a mattress on the floor.:innocent: They would both just assume I would automatically do that for them.:HistericalSmiley: I mean...we all have admitted to buying pieces of furniture at one time or another with our fluffs in mind.:blush:

Give that sweet girl some snuggles from me.:wub: And throw in a few for the Tot!:wub:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.