Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I feel like I have won the battle! Ollie’s tear stains have really cleared up. Only old stains remain and those should disappear as he continues to get groomed. Such a difference from where he was 6 months ago!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ollie looks wonderful!! Congrats on beating those tear stains. My Bardie is 7 months old and I'm still dealing with some tear staining. He still seems to be teething somewhat even though he's now lost all of his baby teeth. I've been washing his face every night plus I use cornstarch a few times a week. Since it's not a big problem I'm hoping it will stop soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ollie looks wonderful!! Congrats on beating those tear stains. My Bardie is 7 months old and I'm still dealing with some tear staining. He still seems to be teething somewhat even though he's now lost all of his baby teeth. I've been washing his face every night plus I use cornstarch a few times a week. Since it's not a big problem I'm hoping it will stop soon.

Ollie’s tear stain started improving around the time he turned 12 months old. So the same may happen for your Bardie.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What did you use?
My Belle’s just about to turn four months old and she visited her groomer for the first time today. I’ll be taking her every second week to him and bathing her at home every week that she isn’t scheduled with him.
He suggested that in a couple of months he could bleach her hair (where the tear stains are), but I’m not convinced on whether I want to do that... it sounds really harsh but he said that a lot of show dogs did it...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did you use?
My Belle’s just about to turn four months old and she visited her groomer for the first time today. I’ll be taking her every second week to him and bathing her at home every week that she isn’t scheduled with him.
He suggested that in a couple of months he could bleach her hair (where the tear stains are), but I’m not convinced on whether I want to do that... it sounds really harsh but he said that a lot of show dogs did it...
Well the only thing I did different was use a new probiotic, link below. Someone on this site had said their vet had recommended using it. Other than that it may be him just getting older and him no longer teething. Either way I still continue to use the probiotic.

https://www.chewy.com/purina-pro-plan-veterinary-diets/dp/50029?$3p=e_sg&$original_url=https://www.chewy.com/dp/50029?utm_medium=email&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_medium=email&_branch_match_id=332596978109644448&utm_source=transactional

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I thought Ollie was a cutie even with the tear staining........but now he's even cuter! :wub:
Tear staining can be such a challenge finding what works for your fluff. :smilie_tischkante:
So glad you found out what works for Ollie.
:chili::aktion033::thmbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts