Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got something that has almost made the tear stains go away. A friend of mine got this and ask the Vet if it could be used on her little Malt. We both have the same Vet and I value his opinion. I would never put anything in my babies eyes without first checking with a Vet.

It is called Collyrium for Fresh Eyes. It is a human eye wash. I found it at Walmart.

Tuckers eyes were very stained and was beginnng down his face. I have used this for about 2 weeks and his eyes are almost 90% better. The stained hair is growing out. He looks so much better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
<span style="font-family:Arial">Yeah. Let us know all the details (how often you use it, how you use it, etc.). I am still looking for something that really works. </span>

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One drop each eye once a day. Within a week we could see a difference. Tucker went from wet all the time to dry. The stains not only fading but growing out. I will say that he seems much happier. I really think the grass irritated him. His eyes look so much brighter now.

I would never do anything that the vet didn't recommend so I do feel good about this.

P

·
0 Posts
Just wanted to let all of you know that on 8/24 Poochie got neutered, had 5 teeth removed and also was microchipped. When I took him back for his recheck I also asked my vet about the Fresh Eyes. He said it would be save to use on Poochie's eyes. I have used it for about 5 days and there is a great difference. I put one drop in each eye and then use a cotton pad and wipe towards the corner of his eye. It's amazing how much better he looks. His face is nice and dry. The old stains seem to be going away. I use the cotton pad with the fresh eyes and wipe over the old stains. He is looking great. I had tried the eye envy, but the tearing continued and his face looked pink. I tried the Angel's Glow, which did help but it is so expensive and I'm not really crazy about him eating the Tylan powder everyday.

Thanks for the tip Connie, it's a winner for us!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by poochiesmom@Sep 12 2005, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to let all of you know that on  8/24  Poochie got neutered, had 5 teeth removed and also was microchipped.  When I took him back for his recheck I also asked my vet about the Fresh Eyes. He said it would be save to use on Poochie's eyes. I have used it for about 5 days and there is a great difference. I put one drop in each eye and then use a cotton pad and wipe towards the corner of his eye. It's amazing how much better he looks. His face is nice and dry. The old stains seem to be going away. I use the cotton pad with the fresh eyes and wipe over the old stains. He is looking great. I had tried the eye envy, but the tearing continued and his face looked pink. I tried the Angel's Glow, which did help but it is so expensive and I'm not really crazy about him eating the Tylan powder everyday.

Thanks for the tip Connie, it's a winner for us! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98969
[/QUOTE]

Glad it's working for you. I was surprised that more people didn't try it. I was actually thinking there would be more input on this topic. Tucker's eyes are so much better and it seems to make him feel better. The difference is like night and day. I'm glad your Vet said it was ok. It's nice to know that other Vets agree. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Connie, thanks to your thread I went and purchased some from Walmart and gave it a try. As you know, Abbey does not have tearstaining but has gunk, goobers?, ~what ever you call it. I have put 1 drop in each eye, once a day for the last 2 days and it has made a tremendous difference!
She woke up today with No goobers in her eyes! Thanks, Connie!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I also use the Collyrium in Kylee's eyes. I squirt her eyes with the Collyrium to rinse them out because she gets a lot of little hairs in her eyes and I also squirt it on the hair under her eyes to clean it. It has also worked wonders. I actually got the idea from Vikki, Audrey's mom. I started the Collyrium about the same time as I started the Angel's Glow. I only used the Angel's Glow for about 2 weeks and then stopped because it was making me nervous that I was messing up her development, since she is still a puppy and all. But I continued the Collyrium and her eyes have remained tear stain free. I look at old pictures and cant believe its my same puppy! But anyway, yeah Collyrium worked for us!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you think it's safe to use on puppies? Chilly is 12 weeks and has pretty severe tearstaining. I JUST started using Diamondeye, but if that doesn't work I wonder if it would be safe to try this product, seems to be working for most!

-Mal&Chilly-

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Chilly dog@Sep 13 2005, 11:20 AM
Do you think it's safe to use on puppies? Chilly is 12 weeks and has pretty severe tearstaining.  I JUST started using Diamondeye, but if that doesn't work I wonder if it would be safe to try this product, seems to be working for most!

-Mal&Chilly-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99156
[/QUOTE]

My Vet said it is fine for all dogs and puppies

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Abbey@Sep 13 2005, 08:49 AM
Connie, thanks to your thread I went and purchased some from Walmart and gave it a try.  As you know, Abbey does not have tearstaining but has gunk, goobers?, ~what ever you call it.  I have put 1 drop in each eye, once a day for the last 2 days and it has made a tremendous difference!
She woke up today with No goobers in her eyes!  Thanks, Connie!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99095
[/QUOTE]

Glad it works for you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts