Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pico's eyestain is normally not bad enough for me to consider the various removal remedies I've read here but occasionally, and for weeks at a time, his eyes will just tear and tear and keep the area so constantly wet that the tearstains increase and he gets a red crusty (fungus?) growth.

Well, my groomer suggesed Bausch & Lomb Allergy eye drops. I read the label and was hesitant due to possible side effects but in desperation started putting one drop in each eye once a day. Some days I would do it morning and night for twice a day.

When they didn't look very wet I would skip that dose.

Now the tearing has stopped and I have discontinued the drops and his face looks so good. It is such a relief to know that I can break that cycle of tears, stain and crusting that is so unsightly on my handsome man. Thought I'd share this.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Sep 30 2005, 07:43 AM
Pico's eyestain is normally not bad enough for me to consider the various removal remedies I've read here but occasionally, and for weeks at a time, his eyes will just tear and tear and keep the area so constantly wet that the tearstains increase and he gets a red crusty (fungus?) growth.

Well, my groomer suggesed Bausch & Lomb Allergy eye drops.  I read the label and was hesitant due to possible side effects but in desperation started putting one drop in each eye once a day.  Some days I would do it morning and night for twice a day.

When they didn't look very wet I would skip that dose.

Now the tearing has stopped and I have discontinued the drops and his face looks so good.  It is such a relief to know that I can break that cycle of tears, stain and crusting that is so unsightly on my handsome man.  Thought I'd share this.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104965
[/QUOTE]
Hmm, good idea. I bet he feels better too. He sure it a cutie in your picture!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My son and I have fall allergies, and Brink's staining has been worse the last few weeks. I may try that too...as I have wondered if his is allergy related as well.
Thanks!
Glad it worked for you!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Indy is having what we and the Vet think are allergy problems too. I know I have been having my seasonal allergy troubles
I hadn't thought about giving Indy the allergy eye drops, but I have in the past given them to our Dalmation. I think I will check with our Vet and if it's ok for Indy I will try it
Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
You described exactly what Bellas eyes have been doing....I think hers are finally clearing up, but I'm writing this down just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts