·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Mar 23 2005, 10:37 AM
i pmed you
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45628
[/QUOTE]

Denise,

Thanks I got the PM and I responded. You were my first so hopefully it will work. So many bells and wistles on this site that this computer nerd is starting to feel overwhelmed. I am sure it will only last the amount of time it takes to put pictures of my little one below the words. LOL

Any others out there who bought from Puppy Boutique

S

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
So Buddy and Teddy are related????

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I think Teddy and Chico are related. If I remember, Buddy came from a private breeder close to Denise's home.

Hey guys, share the story with all of us! We are dying of curiousity! Is Teddy Chico's long lost cousin?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Mar 24 2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah stop with the secrets lol.  We all want to know!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46047
[/QUOTE]

Can't keep anything from you guys! the Story Really is amazing. Denise thinks we may have been there the same day. It definately is the same place and both Denise and I feel it was a puppy mill type thing. The stories are very similiar in that they told us they were private breeders. They are not....I actually am waiting to hear what Ladys Mom recommended to track him. Takes about 10 days they say. I beleive Denise did track Chico and he came from CT. We will see with Teddy. I just know he had kennel cough and was on antibiotics for something else as well.

We also both could not leave without our little ones and I bet that is what happens way too often...I drove for a couple hours...so did Denise and we both thought we were going to a private breeder...once there it is so hard to turn your back on these little ones because you still hope and beleive that they are from a private place. Only later did I realize this could not be.

When you get to this place it really is scary because they let any child hold the pup and let them walk around the floor which is not that big and when I was there, many feet were shufflying around. I litterally saw Teddy, the gentleman handed me his littermate but I wanted Teddy....I never let him down from then on. My daughter handled all paperwork and we got out of there.

So, yes we have a long lost reunion brewing with Teddy and Chico... cousins, Teddy was born July 25, Chico July 2? or maybe just unfortunate enough to be raised in the same horrible conditions. So sad...I worry about him all the time. I really do beleive I saved him more everyday.

S

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Did they have adult dogs there? They may have been brokers which would mean that Teddy and Chico aren't related at all.

Denise, you should trace Chico's background, too. Then you would know for sure if they are related.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 24 2005, 03:25 PM
Did they have adult dogs there? They may have been brokers which would mean that Teddy and Chico aren't related at all.

Denise, you should trace Chico's background, too. Then you would know for sure if they are related.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46070
[/QUOTE]

Ladys Mom,

I beleive that Denise did to the tracking...I will let her fill that in. I am sure they are probably not related...just a coincidence that we were both told the same lies and rescued our little ones from what I imagine are brokers. There were no older dogs that I could see.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 24 2005, 03:57 PM
You can check the USDA list here to see if they are listed as brokers:

http://prisonersofgreed.org/listb02.pdf
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46079
[/QUOTE]

Ladys Mom,

They are not on there...I don't even know what question to ask here. They are not raising puppies there and they are selling most small breeds...why would they not be on the list. How else would they be clasified.

S

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Teddyandme+Mar 24 2005, 04:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Mar 24 2005, 03:57 PM
You can check the USDA list here to see if they are listed as brokers:

http://prisonersofgreed.org/listb02.pdf
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46079
Ladys Mom,

They are not on there...I don't even know what question to ask here. They are not raising puppies there and they are selling most small breeds...why would they not be on the list. How else would they be clasified.

S
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46091
[/B][/QUOTE]

Just guessing here but could they just not be USDA approved? Maybe they don't sell to pet stores. Does anyone know if brokers who sell direct to consumers and not to pet stores have to be USDA approved?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Any talk of reuniting them? :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Just guessing here but could they just not be USDA approved? Maybe they don't sell to pet stores. Does anyone know if brokers who sell direct to consumers and not to pet stores have to be USDA approved?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46175
[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh, so they only need to be USDA approved if they themselves sell to pet stores not if they are the ones selling from a USDA broker.

I am really interested in what the results will be on where Teddy was raised...and will save my comments until I get them.

S

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Teddyandme+Mar 25 2005, 02:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom

Ahhhhhh, so they only need to be USDA approved if they themselves sell to pet stores not if they are the ones selling from a USDA broker.

I am really interested in what the results will be on where Teddy was raised...and will save my comments until I get them.

S
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46308
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not positively sure about that... but I'm thinking it could be correct.....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I was curious about the statement I made above so I checked out the USDA web site. I removed the info about exotic animals, auctions, etc. and left the relevant parts. The entire page can be seen at the link below. If I am reading this correctly, if a broker sells directly to the public only and not wholesale then then don't need a USDA license. I highlighted in red the part I'm referring to here.

USDA.gov Web Site

Animal Dealers
If your business falls under any of the categories of "dealers" listed below, you must be licensed by USDA. You cannot be licensed or registered as an exhibitor. You must be licensed according to what type of activity is your predominant business. When first contacting APHIS, indicate the species you handle, the type of business you are in, and the type of business to which you sell animals. You can hold one type of license only.

Regulated Businesses
Pet Wholesalers--Anyone importing, buying, selling, or trading pets in wholesale channels must be licensed. Annual license fees are based on the amount received from the sale of regulated animals less the amount paid for these animals.

Pet Breeders--Anyone breeding pets for the wholesale trade must be licensed. You also may have to be licensed if you sell dogs as breeding stock to other breeders. Some small-scale breeders can qualify for an exemption (see "Hobby Breeders"). Annual license fees are based on 50 percent of gross sales of regulated animals.

Animal Brokers--Anyone who deals in regulated animals but does not take physical possession must be licensed. If you meet this definition of a broker, you are exempt from certain regulations imposed on dealers who handle animals, but you need the same type of license. Annual license fees are based on income from commissions and brokerage fees (with no deductions).

Exempt Businesses

Retail Pet Stores--Anyone whose entire business consists of selling domestic animals to pet owners is exempt. However, if as part of your business you exhibit animals, you may have to be licensed as an exhibitor.

For example, you need an exhibitor's license if you take animals outside the store for teaching or promotion or if you set up a petting display. You must be licensed as a dealer if you sell wild or exotic animals, or if you sell regulated animals to other retailers, research institutions, exhibitors, or other animal dealers. You need to be licensed as an exhibitor if you display a monkey or other wild animal inside the store.

Exemptions for retail pet stores are on an all-or-nothing basis. If you qualify for exemption, none of your business is regulated or inspected. If you do not qualify, you are a full-fledged dealer, and all your regulated animals are inspected.

Retail Chain Stores--Centrally managed stores that sell pets entirely at retail are exempt. Like independent retailers, chains are treated as business entities on an all-or-nothing basis. If all outlets qualify as retail pet stores, the entire chain is free from regulation. Conversely, if any outlet does not qualify as a retail pet store, the company must be licensed as a dealer, and all regulated animals at all outlets are inspected.

Direct Sales--Anyone who sells domestic pets directly to pet owners is exempt, regardless of sales volume. Such sales can be made in person or by mail.

Hobby Breeders--Small-scale breeders with gross sales under $500 per year are exempt, as long as these sales do not include wild or exotic animals, dogs, or cats. If you own no more than three breeding female dogs or cats and sell the offspring, into the pet channels only, you are exempt.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all yes teddy and chico came from the same place we were ther ethe same day!!! weird huh? Chico was 3 and half months when i got him his bday is april 6th . i tracked my info thanks ladys mom and they are from a puppy mill in MI . i donnt have the paper in front of me .They told me he was from ct liars . but thankfully he didnt have any medical issues..
reunite cool!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Mar 25 2005, 10:45 PM
Hi all yes teddy and chico came from the same place we were ther ethe same day!!! weird huh? Chico was 3 and half months when i got him his bday is april 6th . i tracked my info thanks ladys mom and they are from a puppy mill in MI . i donnt have the paper in front of me .They told me he was from ct liars . but thankfully he didnt have any medical issues..
  reunite cool!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46360
[/QUOTE]

Denise,

Teddy also does not have any medical issues...he has classic Maltese good traits so far...no tear staining, extremely white, 6lbs, and he is a perfect example of love and caring. I could not ask for more....except maybe the calmness that comes when you are not constantly worried about health because in the pit of your stomach you feel he may be in danger somehow.

When you wrote that Denise you almost confirmed what I have been dreading finding out...that my baby boy was raised in a place that could have cared less about him. The day I got him he was sitting squarly in the middle of the pen and just looked at me with a look of please save me...and I did. I have no regrets about that...but I sure wish I could do something about this place.

I am confused as to why they do not have to have a USDA number because I thought that was the sign to look for...they do not have one, so I felt safe...I asked the questions I thought were answered well...so rediculous that I should have trusted them.

I am sorry for rambling...I just feel awful that I contributed to the puppy mill practice and that others are in Teddy's place right now.

Susan

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Awww
I've been reading this thread and first of all, regardless of where you got them, its sooooo cool we have relatives from the same place on SM! I know a lot of our furbabies are slightly related, but nothing like this I think?

Anyways, you two are so lucky your babies dont have any health problems (yet, anyways) I know a lot of people in your situation whose dogs have health problems galore.

I guess what I'm trying to say is COOL!
And send lots of pics from the reunion

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Mar 25 2005, 02:28 PM-->
Originally posted by Teddyandme@Mar 25 2005, 02:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom

S
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46308
I'm not positively sure about that... but I'm thinking it could be correct.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46310
[/B][/QUOTE]

Here is what is listed on the APHIS goverment website:
Animal Brokers--Anyone who deals in regulated animals but does not take physical possession must be licensed. If you meet this definition of a broker, you are exempt from certain regulations imposed on dealers who handle animals, but you need the same type of license. Annual license fees are based on income from commissions and brokerage fees (with no deductions).[/B]
Direct Sales--Anyone who sells domestic pets directly to pet owners is exempt, regardless of sales volume. Such sales can be made in person or by mail.[/B]
Hobby Breeders--Small-scale breeders with gross sales under $500 per year are exempt, as long as these sales do not include wild or exotic animals, dogs, or cats. If you own no more than three breeding female dogs or cats and sell the offspring, into the pet channels only, you are exempt.[/B]
Retail Pet Stores--Anyone whose entire business consists of selling domestic animals to pet owners is exempt. However, if as part of your business you exhibit animals, you may have to be licensed as an exhibitor.

For example, you need an exhibitor's license if you take animals outside the store for teaching or promotion or if you set up a petting display. You must be licensed as a dealer if you sell wild or exotic animals, or if you sell regulated animals to other retailers, research institutions, exhibitors, or other animal dealers. You need to be licensed as an exhibitor if you display a monkey or other wild animal inside the store.

Exemptions for retail pet stores are on an all-or-nothing basis. If you qualify for exemption, none of your business is regulated or inspected. If you do not qualify, you are a full-fledged dealer, and all your regulated animals are inspected.[/B]
Oops! KC's Mom already posted this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts