Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Teddy's "thundershirt" today in the mail. It's a shirt that uses
consistent pressure to calm a dog down. As a special education teacher, I know that we use this principle with autistic children sometimes.... they will often have weighted vests or the therapist will give them deep tissue massage to calm them down.... so I figured why not try it with Teddy, since he is a verrrrryyyy hyper and scared dog. We just got it today, so I have no reviews on how it works... but he looks so darn cute in it, that I had to share his picture!

Here's Teddy modeling his new "thundershirt":

teddy2edited.jpg

Sorry about his dirty face... he was checking out the back yard and he always manages to get dirty...lol.

teddy1edited.jpg

I'll let you know if the "thundershirt" does anything for him!!!

Thanks for looking.
Debbie

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Debbie - Teddy looks too cute in that shirt.:wub: I hope it works. Is it really tight to give him that pressured feeling?
BTW off topic, but speaking of autism.Did you see the number of Emmy's that tv movie on the woman Temple Grandin who has autism garnered? My friend shot a documentary piece with Grandin several years ago. I remember her telling me how she went into cow stalls to feel the pressure of those apparatus I guess used to hold the cattle in place.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Debbie -- I really hope it helps Teddy. I got one for Lacie this year (in pink no less) and it's helped her immensely. She's still frightened a little but will sit beside me instead of hiding under the bed and just being completely panic stricken.

Please let me know how it works for Teddy. I love ours because it has helped so much. :)

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I bought one for our Westie, Ozzy to wear in the car because he HATES the car. He gets all worked up in the car and unfortunately the Thundershirt didn't work for him but neither did Morphine. :w00t: I hope it works for you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Oh, I hope it works! Wish I had one for Cosy this evening. It's suppose to storm here in a bit.
Teddy looks dapper in his shirt whether it works or not!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Teddy looks so cute in his new thundershirt. I hope it helps him. I would like to hear your reviews on it. Our Cody has quite a time with the thunderstorms, too.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Well he looks gorgeous anyway :wub2: I will be interesting if it works, sometimes Lola seems to have the occasional anxious day. I wonder if a firmly fitting sweater would help.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Please let us know how it works........I would be interested in knowing. I bought one for CeeCee but sent it back because it was so hard to get on, you had to put it over her head and it was so tight, it was just too hard for me and she hated wiggling into it too. This one looks like it has velcro and would be so much easier. Also, tell us where you got it............he is darling in it for sure!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the shirt from Thundershirt | The Best Solution for Dog Anxiety. I chose regular postage and it came very quickly. It does have velcro.... it goes on just like a harness vest that has velcro. I'm hoping that it works for Teddy because I feel so sorry for the little guy when he gets so scared that he shakes like a leaf. :unsure: I will definitely keep everyone updated.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I am quite anxious too to hear your review. Chachi and Katie are totally petrified of thunder storms and Chloe has separation anxiety. If they work I would get one for each of them. Your little guy looks adorable in it. Thanks for sharing your great find:thumbsup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's very interesting. Please do let us know if Teddy's behaviour changes for the better.

Regardless of whether it works or not, Teddy looks adorable in that sweater!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts