Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Leba III teeth cleaning spray? I just had Coconuts teeth cleaned in April and her breath is horrible and she is getting plaque again! She is so hard to deal with when I try to brush her teeth she jumps around and acts nuts! I have to wrap her in a towel just to hold her.

I guess I'm just not a good mom far as brushing her teeth like I should. I hate to have to take her again this soon to have them cleaned so thought I may try the Leba III but don't know how safe it is.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My vet gave me the spray and Preston gets it every night. His teeth look fine but he's only a year old.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I haven't used the Leba III, but I have the Petzlife Oral Spray and it does work *IF* you are diligent in using it as directed. I forget to spray it a lot. lol

Both the Leba III & Petzlife have great reviews and both work, the Leba III is more expensive but may (not totally sure as I haven't tried the Leba) work even a little better than the Petzlife. I ended up going with the Petzlife only because it's available at Petsmart which was handy for me since I didn't want to wait for shipping. :)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I've used Leba for years and the dogs never have needed a dental. Toy is 7 and Cosy is 5. I've been thinking about trying Petzlife since Leba has gone up so much since I bought the last bottle.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've used Leba for years and the dogs never have needed a dental. Toy is 7 and Cosy is 5. I've been thinking about trying Petzlife since Leba has gone up so much since I bought the last bottle.
I will have to try it. I'm going to get Coconut and Monk MOnk's teeth cleaned tomorrow then I will start using the Leba.
How do you use it? Do you use it everyday?

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I, too, have used Leba III for years, I wouldn’t be without it. My fluffs that passed always had very healthy gums and teeth, I believe that it was directly related to this product.

People would always remark about how white their teeth were and how they had
pleasant breath. I did use the product everyday - I would always do their teeth before doing mine, in the morning, as a reminder.

To me, it's well worth the 60 bucks.

Allie

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Thanks for this thread :) I popped down to the store and they had the Petzlife so I picked some up. Lola LOVES peppermint so it is a real treat for her.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wow, the Leba III is so expensive?! It's mostly water and alcohol with a little mint and rose extract, isn't it? :huh:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'm interested in the spray for cleaning their teeth. Do you still have to brush them or just spray it in their mouth? Where do you get it? Ollie does have a little tarter and it is just about impossible to brush his teeth.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I order Petzlife last night and with shipping and all it was $22.00. It says that you don't need to brush their teeth when you use this. But you can just with water. I had Coconuts teeth cleaned today and as soon as I get the Petzlife spray I will start it everyday and hopefully never have to do another dental. I spent $230.00 on her today she had a mild bladder infection too. But I thought that was alot!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm interested in the spray for cleaning their teeth. Do you still have to brush them or just spray it in their mouth? Where do you get it? Ollie does have a little tarter and it is just about impossible to brush his teeth.
You can order it off several websites. I got the Petz life off of Amazon . They have the Leba III too. But they both had great reviews so I will see. It says it loosens the tarter that is on the teeth and makes it come off easier.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I order Petzlife last night and with shipping and all it was $22.00. It says that you don't need to brush their teeth when you use this. But you can just with water. I had Coconuts teeth cleaned today and as soon as I get the Petzlife spray I will start it everyday and hopefully never have to do another dental. I spent $230.00 on her today she had a mild bladder infection too. But I thought that was alot!
Thanks for starting this thread...I have been wondering about dental sprays for a while now too. I saw Petzlife when I was at PetsMart yesterday but will check Amazon out too.

Also, not sure what the normal range is for dentals where you live, but where I live it would cost a whole lot more. I just had to get a dental for my cat and it was around $450.

So I think the sprays a great investment...I am going to buy one asap!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for starting this thread...I have been wondering about dental sprays for a while now too. I saw Petzlife when I was at PetsMart yesterday but will check Amazon out too.

Also, not sure what the normal range is for dentals where you live, but where I live it would cost a whole lot more. I just had to get a dental for my cat and it was around $450.

So I think the sprays a great investment...I am going to buy one asap!
I live in Alabama and for our yorkie it was $125 but Coconuts was more because of her bladder infection.

$450 is alot of money for a dental that only take 20 minutes to do! I'm hoping the spray will work so I don't have to do it again!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did, she was a bit surprised at the spray but hopefully she will be fine with it. Prob. is you can't give a treat after.
I think it says they can't eat or drink 30 min before and after so that will be kind of hard. I will just have to take up food and water about 30 minutes before bedtime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts