Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My little Cha Cha is 5 months today... She is really teething.
Can any of you tell me how long this lasts... She is so cute, but will bite "anything, (in a "playful not vicious) way. I have MANY chew toys for her, but want to educate myself a bit!
Thanks, Jellybn1

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Most puppies lose all of there teeth by 6/7 months. Are you having her spayed? If so you can ask your vet to pull any remaining teeth. Lexi was spayed when she was a little over 6 months old. I asked the vet to pull any retained puppy teeth and he said that she had already lost them all.

Have you tried saying OUCH!! when she bites? You can also try saying ouch and then getting up (thus ending play time), ignore her for 20-30 seconds and then sit back down. This works sometimes.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut had the worst time teething. I was unaware of having the vet remove the retained puppy teeth during neuter, so he had to wait till the next time he was under anesthesia. It's best to do it with the spay like Lexi'smom said. I got Peanut a Chilly Bone when he was teething which helped him a little. It'a a fabric bone with spongy stuffing that you wet and then freeze.
chilly bone

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am going to have her spayed. She is "extremely" small. She is having her last shot at the vet (distemper) this Wednesday. The last time we were there, 1 month ago, she weighed 1.13lbs. I believe she has gained some weight though... I hope!!!
My vet will wait until he feels she is big and strong enough to spay her. I will ask about the baby teeth thing you said though. Thank you!!!!
Jellybn1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just inquired about the chillybones. One has spikes and is $16.99 and the other does not and it's $8.99. Which do you recommend?
Thanks, Jellybn1 :D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by jellybn1@Apr 4 2005, 01:34 PM
I just inquired about the chillybones. One has spikes and is $16.99 and the other does not and it's $8.99. Which do you recommend?
                                                  Thanks, Jellybn1 :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48847
[/QUOTE]
Spikes? I've never seen that one. I got peanut the regular white one in the link I posted from our local Petco. I think it's less than $8.99. Since she's so small I would double check that it's the 5 inch bone ( I think that's the small one), so it'll be easier for her to handle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right!! I went to Petco last night. The "5" bone was way too large! Manager is getting the "2" Wednesday! The Petco does charge $8.99. I don't care... If it makes my baby feel better then that's terriffic! Thanks so for your advice!!!!
Jellybn1

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by jellybn1@Apr 5 2005, 11:32 AM
Your right!! I went to Petco last night. The "5" bone was way too large! Manager is getting the "2" Wednesday! The Petco does charge $8.99. I don't care... If it makes my baby feel better then that's terriffic! Thanks so for your advice!!!!
                                            Jellybn1

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49207
[/QUOTE]
Oh good!!!! I know when it comes to our baby's, money isn't an issue, but I find that Petco is more expensive than all the other stores like Petsmart and the small mom and pop stores...Here I go being cheap again

She'll love it!!!! Peanut still loves it even though all his teeth are in. Peanut really likes it for car rides during the summer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was so excited to find my first Petco today and the chilly bones, the small one was $4.99. I actually found that Petco was much cheaper than Petsmart and several local pet stores. Still we have a Mounds Pet Food Warehouse that seems to generally beat all, but was very exciting to find new places to shop!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by JCButterfly@Apr 21 2005, 04:03 PM
I was so excited to find my first Petco today and the chilly bones, the small one was $4.99.  I actually found that Petco was much cheaper than Petsmart and several local pet stores.  Still we have a Mounds Pet Food Warehouse that seems to generally beat all, but was very exciting to find new places to shop!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54971
[/QUOTE]
The Petco is WAY more expensive than the Petsmart here...Petsmart is so far away though...
I just wait until I need a few things and order from the cheapest place I find...I'm too cheap, it sucks sometimes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts