Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can help me. Miko just turned 6 months old, and he is definitely teething - he's got the WORST breath in the world!!!
When I look in his mouth, it seems like some of the teeth are growing BESIDE the other teeth (kinda like 2 rows of teeth instead of one!) - is this something I should be worried about??? I'm not sure if both teeth (that are side by side) are permanant or if one of them is about to fall out. Miko hasn't been eating as much lately either - I'm guessing because his teeth are bothering him. Should I be softening up his food (by adding a bit of water) to make it easier for him to eat??? Please help!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Maltese_Mom@Apr 5 2005, 11:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone can help me.  Miko just turned 6 months old, and he is definitely teething - he's got the WORST breath in the world!!!
When I look in his mouth, it seems like some of the teeth are growing BESIDE the other teeth (kinda like 2 rows of teeth instead of one!) - is this something I should be worried about???  I'm not sure if both teeth (that are side by side) are permanant or if one of them is about to fall out.  Miko hasn't been eating as much lately either - I'm guessing because his teeth are bothering him.  Should I be softening up his food (by adding a bit of water) to make it easier for him to eat???  Please help!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49276
[/QUOTE]

The bad breath is from the tooth. Is he getting neutured soon? If so you can have the vet look at the tooth and probably pull it. If not maybe have the vet look at it. It might be infected. Also, if it doesn't come out you need to have it removed because it can mess up their permanent teeth.

In the mean time try softening his food. You can even give him some canned dog food.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Dont fear... Kodie had the same thing. He had two rows of teeth on the bottom row. He had 7 baby teeth pull when he was neutered. Just make sure to bring it up to your vet when you go to neuter him!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Maltese_Mom@Apr 5 2005, 10:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone can help me.  Miko just turned 6 months old, and he is definitely teething - he's got the WORST breath in the world!!!
When I look in his mouth, it seems like some of the teeth are growing BESIDE the other teeth (kinda like 2 rows of teeth instead of one!) - is this something I should be worried about???  I'm not sure if both teeth (that are side by side) are permanant or if one of them is about to fall out.  Miko hasn't been eating as much lately either - I'm guessing because his teeth are bothering him.  Should I be softening up his food (by adding a bit of water) to make it easier for him to eat???  Please help!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49276
[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say that we have a little boy named Miko too!! I thought it was a rare name until I saw your post! Ours is almost 2 yrs so I have almost forgotten the teething problems.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I looked at your posts and I realized that we also, after getting married in summer (but summer before last one), got Miko! We named him Miko after spending honeymoon in Paris, where I was obsessed with ice cream. There was a 'good humor' type of ice cream I loved, called Miko. Thus, the name.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Our Vet mentioned that the "rope" type toys were great for teething babies. The "tug o war" games you play with them can actually help those baby teeth come out! We don't know when or where but Sis is missing all 4 of her bottom teeth right in the front! We also have a bone you fill with broth or water and freeze, it has small holes in it so as they chew and it starts melting the broth or water comes out the holes. She LOVES it!! She is only allowed to have that out on the porch because it does make a mess!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts