Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, there she is, the love of my life, Lily. And she is sitting on one of my most prized possessions, a hand made, 100% silk, insanely expensive rug I bought in China. The detail is amazing and it is to die for soft. You can see Lily likes it too. Well, when we first rescued Lily, being first time pup parents, we didn't know/take all the necessary precautions more experienced pup parents would naturally take. Yup, she PEED on the rug. Well, that was our "near deal breaker" but when she looks at me with those liquid brown eyes.....you go ahead little girl, pee on all the rugs mommy can afford. If that doesn't show how crazy I am about this soft little bundle of love, nothing does. So I thought it would be fun to hear about your dog's dastardly deed or "near deal breaker", or does everyone else have perfect pups?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That is a pretty rug!
I can see why her eyes are impossible to resist!
No deal breakers here...BUT my first Malt, Sunny chewed my fav jeans!
It was the only thing of mine that he ever ate...he always went for my roommate's stuff, maybe she had borrowed them? ;)

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
I told Bonnie the day I got her: "You're adorable and I love you like crazy, but if you touch the shoes, we're through!" She must've heard me because the only shoes she goes after are my $20 Keds, lol.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The only problem I've had with Lizzie, is that sometimes she likes to chew the spines on my books! It's crazy, but she LOVES the spines, only the spines, of my books. I had to move all the books off the bottom shelf of my bookshelf so that she couldn't tear any more up.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Spookie taught herself that electric cords aren't to be tugged on when she pulled my alarm clock on her head. I wasn't home but saw the evidence later. Except for TP, she's been pretty good.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Nikki chewed my earphones foam covers. 3 pairs of earphones! My own fault for leaving them where she could get to them. I was more worried about her tummy than angry at her.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I may be the odd ball here cause my malt is almost 2 and never has ruined or chewed on any of our personal belongings or anything else. She's never been interested in chewing toys or shoes....if my daughter leaves a barbie doll lying around the house she'll just walk right by it. One thing for sure, though, we do have a serious sock thief in the house.MMMMM wondering who it can be.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well I can't speak for Nelson yet. BUT my 9 year old cat, Spencer broke my mom's antique cyrstal punch bowl. That was her mother's MOTHER's. Well when he was a kitten nonetheless, I don't even know how he did it. But it was on our antique wash stand. It could have killed him...he somehow jumped up and pulled it down and it shattered into a million pieces. It probably weighed 4x what he did. I think he was in the other room before it hit the floor. My mom was devastated. And she still gets allergy shots to this day, just so we can keep him...if that's not pet devotion I dunno what is hahahha. I know it's not a dog story, but it's the best I had!

So far Nelson just chews on rags, and slippers and that kinda stuff. My first cat Casey, Andy or Nelson hasn't destroyed anything quite like Spencer did.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I was outside this morning doing some painting & pups were keeping me company ....... a number of times I *threatened* to take them both to the pound for their crazy barking!!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Very pretty rug, but those eyes are prettier! Rocky has never chewed on anything but his toys. He did pee on our rug when training him months ago so we had it cleaned and picked it up. We just put it back down today after five months of living with tile. He's been potty trained since he was 4 months old, so we'll see if he does anything on it, he better not or he'll get one less kiss before bed tonite!!!

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Emily and Sasha chewed the cord to my flight simulator pedals,ticked me off,no practicing approaches before flights!!!! they also like my underwear....good thing I only buy cheap cotton.

Max ,our cocker (at the bridge)chewed my wedding shoes and chewed the carpet in the bathroom.......

Amber,our cocker got my wedding ring off the coffee table and tried to chew it,found it under the sofa...

Worst one was Amy our cocker (at the bridge),she chewed up a $300 medical law book and the back seat of my car! Anything that was mine,she chewed...

It was a defining moment and we used a muzzel on her for a few hours a day for about a month,she did good for a week ,chewed my contact prints for a photography class,so we muzzled again,for a week,the never chewed anything but her squeeky toys after that...except for her muzzel... We'd get the muzzel out once in a while to see if she still remembered it,as soon as she'd see it,she'd hang her head,one day she got into the closet and chewed it and rendered it unuseable,that was the last thing she chewed besides her squeekies.... We never got another muzzel..

No the ones at the bridge aren't there for chewing... but I bet they're chewing lots of toys right now...

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
LooooL the first period with a new puppy/dog is always extra exciting, but is also full of events. I will never forget The day Snowy chewed - correction: DESTROYED - the notes that I borrowed from a friend when I missed being in class. Snowy was around 4 months and was a huge chewer! I was in a terrible situation not knowing how to face my friend and tell her that "my dog ate your school Notes!"

No matter what they do, u can't help it but love them - they are good at stealing our hearts.

Kat

·
Super Moderator
10,220 Posts
Let's see. With Sam, there was that expensive pair of shoes - my bad, I left them out. Tessa has taken care of a couple of shoes too - I just have to explain to visitors that shoes go up high, like on a chair or counter top.

Sweetness chewed a hole in my kitchen wall. And a couple of weeks after she got here, Tessa chewed the corner of my cedar chest that I got from my brother and SIL for my high school graduation - 34 years ago! Oh well - nothing lasts forever, right?

·
Premium Member
6,090 Posts
My Rose has always been a good girl after I got her potty trained.:wub:Now my Lily is a different story. She has a rug fetish, too. Instead of peeing on it though, she licks it. I'll say "No, Lily" over and over again and she'll stop and look at me and the moment I turn my back, she starts up again licking the rug. In my "anger", I just rolled up the rug and put it away.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Bailey recently chewed the power cord to my Macbook Pro....oooooh was I upset! I'm usually very careful to keep all wires and cords out of his reach...when I'm charging my laptop while using it, I hide the cord behind the couch cushions. Well, the other day Bailey was laying on the couch with me, chewing on a toy...or so I thought. Somehow he had dug out the power cord and chewed part of it off. Arrghh I was annoyed but more worried about him than anything else...I went crazy trying to figure out if he had swallowed any of it, and also was freaking out about what could have happened to him while chewing on a power cord! I felt like a horrible parent...I was sitting right there and didn't realize he had gotten the cord instead of his toy!!!! Then I found out the power cord was like $80 to replace...that wasn't fun.

Bailey likes to chew on anything and everything...mostly fabric things though. He has chewed holes through a lot of my clothes. I have to be careful with him and give him lots of toys. But it's a little sad when he rips up brand new toys within minutes :(

·
Registered
730 Posts
(expensive rug) Thank goodness, you can have it cleaned.

I collect/restore antique bisque dolls. Libby snatched a antique human hair wig from my doll room. She tore it up and killed it. It looked a a big rat when she was done LOL:w00t:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,620 Posts
Kitzi is a keeper even IF he chews any & everything!:chili::chili:
My friend kept him for a week when I attended a reunion in the US---he ate part of her flocki rug (long strings!) had to go to the vet! He tries to eat the strings on the end of the persian carpets at our house! He trys to eat all my plants, and we had to remove most of his toys! I am into large carrots at the moment. But in his defense he has 2 sets of teeth in his little mouth!:innocent:
I am using "Bitter Apple" on the plants---maybe they will produce fruit?:HistericalSmiley:
He also likes to nip at your feet when you walk---we have developed a little dance that he is not sure what to do with YET. :smilie_tischkante:
I will miss this phase!:wub:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Ollie prefers to chew up and eat klennex and paper towels. I tried using bitter apple, but he doesn't mind that anymore! Also chews up pens and pencils if we leave them out. Fortunately he has never broken a ballpoint pen and gotten ink everywhere. Love him no matter what he does!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I feel very lucky because bisou isn't a chewer or destroyer except for paper products (napkins, toilet paper or currency so far).

She did go to the bathroom on a rug while she was all drugged up after her dental a few weeks ago, but that's okay because she couldn't even stand up/walk correctly.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts