Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited and nervous!!! Dang!!! :chili::blink:

I feel so sorry for her...I know how this feels and it sucks.

She is having contractions every 4-5 minutes. I am feeding her vanilla ice cream and watching her. She isn't in really active labor yet...there is no bubble yet so not presentation of a pup.

Here's a pic of her an hour ago.

Oh man she just had another contraction...its breaking my heart knowing she's in pain. :(

·
Registered
590 Posts
Kelly, Breathe don't be nervous. You are doing great....oh its so exciting....Kisses Lynda

·
Registered
198 Posts
What a beautiful pup! Even hurtin' in labor, she's a pretty girl. If it breaks your heart to see her in pain, it probably won't be much better when she starts making the noises... that was the saddest part for me. Be prepared for a loooooooooong night and like I said, keep us updated if you get the chance!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good luck with everything!

Kelly,

I can't imagine how you are feeling... I am on pins and needles over here!:Waiting: Can't wait see those little babies.

What a sweetheart she is,look at those big gorgeous eyes! Praying that she has a quick labor and you have some precious babies in no time!:happy::chili::sHa_banana::dancing banana::chili:

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's definitely her eyes... they are very big and very pretty. What a sweet girl! Hope everything is going well....

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Kelly,

I don't know about the ice-cream. My friends who have been talking to me about canine whelping are very careful not to give the ice-cream until after the first pup or at the earliest after the bubble appears.

You and Terra are in our thoughts tonight.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Can't wait to see the puppies, hang in there the both of you!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Okay Kelly - You eat the ice cream! She looks so precious -- what a little cutie pie. Good luck. Thinking of you and her and the pups.:wub:

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
I hope you have your laptop nearby to keep us updated. :) I hope Terra has an easy go of it and her puppies are all well and healthy.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok carina, thanks I will hold off until the first puppy.

She is still contracting...no bubble yet. I am sitting on the floor with my laptop, my cell phone (texting with Stacy! lol), my huge pile of whelping stuff, and my camera!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Kelly,

I don't know about the ice-cream. My friends who have been talking to me about canine whelping are very careful not to give the ice-cream until after the first pup or at the earliest after the bubble appears.

You and Terra are in our thoughts tonight.
That's my fault, since I was told to start giving it when active labor starts.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I have to drop out of puppy watch. It's 12:20pm here and I didn't get much sleep last night. I'll be dreaming sweet dreams of sweet pups.:sLo_grouphug3:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I'm nodding off, but, I think it will be awhile for you and Terra. :w00t: Here's to me and all the other SM members logging back onto finding a happy mama with all of her sweet babies. :drinkup:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts