Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It looks like she just has 3 puppies...but of course I am watching out just in case there's another one.

The first one was a female and she was born at 6:24am weighing 170 grams (5.99 oz)

The second puppy was a male and he was born at 6:55am weighing 170 grams also (5.99 oz)

The last puppy was born breech and became stuck half way out. I had to use K-Y jelly and gently grab the puppy around his shoulders and help pull him out. He wasn't responsive at first until I suctioned him and stimulated him....the kids call him "Lucky" he weighs only 150 grams. (5.29 oz)

Here is the happy family:

They are nursing now. I gave Terra some ice cream and some plain chicken breast and water for her first meal. I am going to take her to potty and then give her a spongebath and clean up the nursery. Then I am going to call the vet and give him an update. :aktion033: Oh my I am so relieved it all went well!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
OMG !!! CONGRATS GRANDMA!!! THEY ARE SOO SOOO PRECIOUS !!! thank goodness lucky is ok . i am so excited ! u must be so tired , when u have a chance pls tell us her birth story .... oh wow im so excited , how is terra doing ?

awww puppies!!!! soo soo cute.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
WOW!!! So adorable. OMG -- poor little Lucky. And poor you! I would have been a wreck with a breach. Thank God he's okay. When you wrote what you were going to do next, I thought you were going to say you were going to pass out on a bed:) You did good, girlfriend!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
awww, they are precious little miracles. Births always seem like miracles to me. Kelly, do what you've got to do, then get some rest. Mom will be able to take care of her kids by herself.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Susan....you got is sister!!! I am in dire need of a shower and a good nap! I homeschool the kids, and I think they got their science in for the day! ;) I think we will have an easy school day...if I can stay awake long enough to teach anything.

Malayah was sleeping beside Terra's pen so she was woken up first and saw the girl...then I had her quietly wake the other kiddos and they all sat very still and quiet and watched the boys being born. they were so good and quiet...and got a lesson in biology (envision me holding up a placenta telling them what it does and how they had one too....no one was too grossed out! lol) they helped by handing me things and Malayah was recording the puppy's weights and times of birth and if the placenta had come out or not (we have accounted for all of them!)

All in all it was a wonderful experience and I praise GOD that it went well. I will post the whole birth story after my shower and massive amounts of coffee. Also I am tallying up all of the guesses for the goodie bags. Looks like several people might qualify for a goodie bag so I am going to have to narrow it down to closest guess at time.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
WOW!!! So adorable. OMG -- poor little Lucky. And poor you! I would have been a wreck with a breach. Thank God he's okay. When you wrote what you were going to do next, I thought you were going to say you were going to pass out on a bed:) You did good, girlfriend!
Ditto! Terra looks really tired. What an informative night for your kids. I remember watching twin foals being born when I was 11. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Glad to see they're here. Wasn't there a 4th puppy? Keep an eye out.never know..

duh, I went back you already cover that...my bad..
See late night early morning,we miss things don't we?

Ooohhh puppies,I just love puppies...

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Congratulations

OMG they are adorable be sure to keep a warm light over them and a warm heating pad with a towel on top ! they need this!

I look forward to watching them BLOSSOM :chili::chili::chili:

:heart::heart::heart: TERRA:heart::heart:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took Terra out and she went potty and then I gave her a bath and she and her puppies are in a basket with a heating pad (two blankets ontop of it). The basket is inside her Xpen which is near our fireplace....but not too close. So they whole family is nice and cozy. The proud Dad Triniti couldn't care less...lol. (Malayah is calling the bigger male "Triniti Jr." for now. lol)

I have been giving her Chicken breast and water and the ice cream. I also have plain yogurt and cottage cheese I am going to alternate in her food. For lunch, she is going to dine on slow cooked chicken breast, wellness puppy chow, a cooked yam, and some cottage cheese. (I think she eats better than I do! yestday all I had was cereal for lunch, lol)

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Congratulations, the puppies are beautiful. I could just picture your children there watching and helping, what an experience they will never forget. I'm glad everyone is doing well, hope you can get some rest soon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:wub:Wow how exciting! I know exactly how you're feeling now....relieved, elated, exhausted...I homeschooled my kids, too....we lived on a farm and had tons of animals. They got to watch births, and once they had to bottle feed 5 baby bunnies from day 3. It's so great for kids....and yes, a true miracle.:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts