Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i am really worried about tessa and i can't wait to get to the vet on monday! i was just looking at her eyes really closely and they look like they have goobers in them (on the actual eyeball). also i can see her hair around her eyes on her eyeball too and i can't get them out. what am i supposed to do? she hasn't been scratching at them or anything but they look so discomforting. do you guys think she may have an infefction? her eyes usually look so healthy and shiny but tonight they almost look foggy. please help....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@May 29 2005, 12:45 AM
okay so i am really worried about tessa and i can't wait to get to the vet on monday! i was just looking at her eyes really closely and they look like they have goobers in them (on the actual eyeball). also i can see her hair around her eyes on her eyeball too and i can't get them out. what am i supposed to do? she hasn't been scratching at them or anything but they look so discomforting. do you guys think she may have an infefction? her eyes usually look so healthy and shiny but tonight they almost look foggy. please help....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66565
[/QUOTE]

If she has hair stuck to her eyeball then it is probably irrating her eye causeing more goobers. I would get some plain old saline and just rinse her eyeball off. I do this too Tunny when he has a goober on his eyeball that hasn't made it to the corner yet.

By the way vets will more than likely be closed monday. It is Memorial Day.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@May 28 2005, 10:45 PM
[/QUOTE]

Miko get that goobers too. I just have to wash them away. And like dhodina said, it seems likely to be due to hair in this eyebs because when his hair was longer he wasn't getting them.

Have you tried washing them away with a little washcloth? Also, JMM mentioned on another thread that if they have conjunctivitis, you could lift up the eyelid and it would be really red, instead of pink (I was worried about that for a while too with Miko).

Did you make it to the LA meet up?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chelsey used to get a lot of hairs in her eyes and goop as well. Here hair is longer now in the front sot it stays in the bow. What I use to do is take the hair out with my fingers.
like if was still attached to her upper for head ... Hard to explain. like the long hairs from her eyelashed I would just move them away from inside her eyes. Then use a damp cotton ball to work the goop over to the corner and wipe it away. while her eyelid was closed. You have to be very gentel. Chester still gets hair in his eyes cause his hair is not long enough. I do the same with him. The goop does not seem to bother him at all.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by dhodina+May 28 2005, 11:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ourprettytessa
@May 29 2005, 12:45 AM

If she has hair stuck to her eyeball then it is probably irrating her eye causeing more goobers. I would get some plain old saline and just rinse her eyeball off. I do this too Tunny when he has a goober on his eyeball that hasn't made it to the corner yet.

By the way vets will more than likely be closed monday. It is Memorial Day.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66566
[/B][/QUOTE]

you're right! they will be closed monday!!!! i completely spaced, i was a little worried

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut gets lots of goobers too. The vet gave me some regular eye wash, like the ones at the pet stores and I just give his eyes a little rinse when they seem irritated. This is the one I got after the bottle from the vet ran out. click here I also have a people eye wash liquid that the vet said I could use, but I can't remember the name.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by okw+May 29 2005, 06:29 AM-->
@May 28 2005, 10:45 PM
Miko get that goobers too. I just have to wash them away. And like dhodina said, it seems likely to be due to hair in this eyebs because when his hair was longer he wasn't getting them.

Have you tried washing them away with a little washcloth? Also, JMM mentioned on another thread that if they have conjunctivitis, you could lift up the eyelid and it would be really red, instead of pink (I was worried about that for a while too with Miko).

Did you make it to the LA meet up?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66579
[/B][/QUOTE]

i didn't make it to the meetup. mu fiancee had a bleeding ulcer the night before and we were in the ER. i had to stay here and take care of all my babies!!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@May 29 2005, 07:42 PM
i didn't make it to the meetup. mu fiancee had a bleeding ulcer the night before and we were in the ER. i had to stay here and take care of all my babies!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66724
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I hope your fiancee is okay. Is he home now? What kind of ulcer was it? What was it caused by? What treatment is he taking? You don't have to answer, I am just curious.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy+May 29 2005, 07:52 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2005, 12:46 PM
@May 29 2005, 07:42 PM

Wow, I hope your fiancee is okay. Is he home now? What kind of ulcer was it? What was it caused by? What treatment is he taking? You don't have to answer, I am just curious.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66725

[/QUOTE]

The doc in you is showing again OKW

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66726
[/B][/QUOTE]

Bren,

I have been sitting at home for 4 days straight not going anywhere, just studying! You should have seen the first version of the post I made - I was asking her if it was a duodenal or gastric ulcer, I had to stop myself...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by okw+May 29 2005, 07:46 PM-->

[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh thank you for asking! Yes, he is home now and he is okay. Yes, it was a gastric ulcer....I am pretty sure it was caused by taking ibuprofen on an empty stomach. he had a tough squash match earlier that day and he had taken some ibuprofen because his arm was hurting. The doctor gave him some antacids to help settle his stomach. He seems to be doing a lot better. While I was at the ER I asked the doctors TONS of questions. The doctor had a really cool T5 (palm pilot). I WANT ONE, it has the entire PDR on it. Anyhow, thanks again for asking...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by ourprettytessa+May 30 2005, 03:55 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 07:46 PM

[/QUOTE]

Oh thank you for asking! Yes, he is home now and he is okay. Yes, it was a gastric ulcer....I am pretty sure it was caused by taking ibuprofen on an empty stomach. he had a tough squash match earlier that day and he had taken some ibuprofen because his arm was hurting. The doctor gave him some antacids to help settle his stomach. He seems to be doing a lot better. While I was at the ER I asked the doctors TONS of questions. The doctor had a really cool T5 (palm pilot). I WANT ONE, it has the entire PDR on it. Anyhow, thanks again for asking...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66955
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have that palm pilot and I have been less than thrilled with it. It makes a very low buzzing sound almost not noticable, but drives me crazy. Yes, PDR and Epocrates are awesome drug programs.

Was your fiancee tested for H. pylori? Its a bacteria often associated with ulcers. Its fairly easy to treat with triple antibiotic therapy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts