Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for thinking of me recently when my mom passed away. The heart felt posts, the cards and Lynn (Lacie's mom) sent me a sweet little angel statue....and Linda (Lindy)...my friend locally...she just sent me a subscription to Modern dog just because she knew it would make me happy. Wow, I am over whelmed. I'm usually a pretty introverted person, but your out pouring of love has really affected me - in a good way. I've been so busy since she passed....I haven't taken any time to dwell on it. Not ready to do that yet. :unsure: and still so much to do...

But thank you. You keep me going. Seems funny saying that, but it's true.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Pat -- we love you so much and don't want you to be sad. Keep thinking about the upcoming vaca and all the warm sunshine. :)

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Pat, we've all been there in one way or another. It sure helps to know you have friends that care so much about you, and want to take away the pain by sharing it with you. Love you, girl.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Dear Pat

When everything is DARK and gloomy we fail to see the light. It is then that the words of those on the outside looking in, open the doors so we can see the brighter side.

Be kind to yourself ((((((( ))))))))))

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Pat you are loved here at SM and I'm sure also in "real" life. You are one of the nicest people I've met--although we have never actually MET! I lost my mother 3 years ago and it still seems like yesterday, so I know. She and I could never seem to get on the same page and I still don't know why. That makes it even harder to loose her in some ways. I hope things settle down for you soon. It took forever to get Mom's probate and house and things taken care of. I was the only family left, so I had to do it all. It was such a relief when it was over.

Love and Hugs,
Dee and Shoni:wub::wub:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Pat, you are such a special person!!!! One of the most loved on SM and probably the most popular girl wherever you go!! Does that mean something to you? I would feel so good knowing that about myself!! xoxoxo

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Pat, you are such a sweet person! I barely had the chance to say, "hi" at Specialty so I am looking forward to one day saying a real hello. :) I always look forward to your posts and encouragement. You are a blessing to SM!

With my own Mom's health on the brink of disaster, I had a glimpse of what you are going through. Oh its so hard :( My prayers are with you that you will be able to weep and mourn in your own time, and one day, be at peace and happy again.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Pat - I'm happy you've found some comfort here. You've always been so supportive of all of us and you so often bring a smile to my face or an outright laugh. You are truly a blessing to us as a friend and so glad we could all return the favor. :smootch: Now have a great time in the Caribbean and relax.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh pat , i am sorry and i know how it feels to lose a mom . Im glad your able to come here and smile. ((hugs))

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Pat, again sorry for your loss! First I read it on fb. My warmest wishes and prayers to you and your family!

Nice to hear you love to come to SM to comfort you in this hard time!

Hugs and kisses are sent to you!

Alexandra and Ullana :wub:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,981 Posts
I think losing a mother is one of the most painful griefs we experience---it is full of raw emotion and pain because they are the ones who birthed and nurtured us. The character of each person is usually defined by the person who nurtured them---for good or for bad.
I pray that you have sweet memories to re-live and funny things to remember that grow with the re-telling of them. That way your mom will continue to be a part of your life here on earth.
Sending you warmest love across the ocean!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts