Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd give you a sneak peek of the parade tomorrow. This afternoon and evening they started inflating the balloons on the streets around the Museum of Natural History, a few blocks from where I live. It was a mob scene and a logistical nightmare that occurs every year, but here's what we saw. I don't know why people bring kids because most of the balloons are face down and look like they're hung over and wobbling from the wind. :HistericalSmiley: I guess if they can't see the parade tomorrow at least they can see the balloons.

Drinking the Kool-Aid:) In all these pix look at how high the balloons are next to apartment buildings (and they're tethered to the ground under a net).

The stuff lying on the ground to the left is an uninflated balloon. Not very impressive.

Time to fill him up. This might have been Kung Fu Panda. Not sure. Needs more helium.

A real crowd pleaser - Spiderman, spiderman...

Horton Hears a Who

This guy just keeps going and going. No not The Situation. The Energizer Bunny.

Hope you enjoyed. It's so much easier watching it on tv without the crowds.

Might venture up to Central Park West tomorrow to see it.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!:wub:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Nice Sue!

It was so windy here today, was it in the city? I hope that tomorrow will be nice for the parade.

My MIL lives on the E side, she always attends the parade (94). I don't know how she stands the crowds - she's a city girl, for sure.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!! That's so cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
Thanks for sharing. Parade looks great.
Thanks Sher and Kara. I used to do this back in the 80's when I worked at CBS and we'd go at around midnight and no one would be there. It was so cool. Now it's a huge EVENT and was insane in the neighborhood. Liked it better back then but there are so many balloons they have to start early.
Nice Sue!

It was so windy here today, was it in the city? I hope that tomorrow will be nice for the parade.

My MIL lives on the E side, she always attends the parade (94). I don't know how she stands the crowds - she's a city girl, for sure.

Thanks for sharing!
Allie - it wasn't that windy. Just really cold tonight though. Hoping they have good weather tomorrow for the scantily dressed marchers. Brrrrr. Can't believe your MIL still goes to the parade:)

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Sue, thanks for the behind the scene pictures!!! They look so sad before inflation:chili: but wow, when they are blown up!!! Is that what happens to Dolly P. at night??? :HistericalSmiley: Sorry, could not resist that.....love Dolly!!! I especially love Spider man, the picture with the crowd and the light in the background was so impressive!!! Thank you so much for sharing~~~~~:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Cool! Now today I can say.... I knew you when you were nothing but a pancake! Anticipation is exciting :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
It's really interesting to see it up close. No big balloons here, maybe just for real estate or a car lot.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sue,

Do you know Sumner Redstone? He's a good friend of my dads!

You mentioned CBS.
Allie - I was before Sumner's time at CBS. :w00t: Yup it was William Paley. I worked at CBS News and WCBS-TV News between 1973 and 1981. I did know Walter Cronkite (went to his memorial) and Dan Rather amongst others.

Oh Sue, thanks for the behind the scene pictures!!! They look so sad before inflation:chili: but wow, when they are blown up!!! Is that what happens to Dolly P. at night??? :HistericalSmiley: Sorry, could not resist that.....love Dolly!!! I especially love Spider man, the picture with the crowd and the light in the background was so impressive!!! Thank you so much for sharing~~~~~:wub:
Thanks Dianne. Hmm - maybe that is Dolly's secret? If I knew that I would have cozied up to one of the balloon inflaters and seen if he had a little something extra for me:) :HistericalSmiley:

Cool! Now today I can say.... I knew you when you were nothing but a pancake! Anticipation is exciting :aktion033:
It is amazing to see the flat figures come to life before our eyes. I have to take a walk now and see them flying. The parade route is about 4 blocks from my apt.
It's really interesting to see it up close. No big balloons here, maybe just for real estate or a car lot.
Ah, the wacky, waving, inflatable, arm flailing balloons - that's what my son says every time he sees one of those things when we're in the suburbs. :chili: I remember watching the parade from my uncle's office two blocks from Macy's back when I was a little girl. We were on the 5th floor so it was great. Saw these "giants" going by the windows.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That's so cool to see them in the various stages of inflation and how big they are next to the building!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

I went to see the Rose Parade floats in person one year...you could walk up close to them the day after the parade. Definitely puts a different spin on things to see all the flowers up close and the work that went into them. :)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
LOL, I didn't realize that was Kung Fu Panda and was like why do they have a Boston Terrier balloon - why not maltese too? LOL, I missed the parade getting things done this morning in preparation to head over to my mom's house later for some Thanksgiving grub yum but thank you so much for sharing. How lucky are you to have fron row seats to the pre-action!! I was able to catch the dog show afterwards and was glad to see that the maltese waon 3rd place in the toy breed yay!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts