Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. What a strange and sad feeling it is not to be spending it with family. We are only allowed to be with members of our immediate household. So today it will just be my husband and myself for Thanksgiving dinner instead of us with our 4 kids, their spouses and my 11 grandkids. Trying real hard not to feel sad but it's not working real well. I assume Christmas won't be any different. I AM thankful though that none of us have experienced covid.

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
And Pipper, don't forget. I usually take care of neighbor's dogs while they go to family during our Thanksgiving in November; no one is going anywhere this year. It is a shame you could not at least set up a virtual get together while you all were eating.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And Pipper, don't forget. I usually take care of neighbor's dogs while they go to family during our Thanksgiving in November; no one is going anywhere this year. It is a shame you could not at least set up a virtual get together while you all were eating.
Don't worry Walter I didn't forget my sweet Pipper. I just didn't mention him because he wasn't sitting at the dinner table with us. I'm sure Pipper was thankful that we didn't go anywhere to have dinner with family.
Maybe by spring we will be able to make up for all this lost time with family.

·
Premium Member
24,021 Posts
Happy Belated Thanksgiving. It's really hard, Kathy. I'm thinking of that too with Thanksgiving coming. We had a preview with the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah where we're always with extended family and friends. This year it was Jim, myself and our son. Oh and Tyler and Gucci but I really missed all the laughs and seeing everyone. Am guessing our Thanksgiving will be similar. But as you said, everyone is healthy and that's what really counts for future celebrations, that everyone is alive to be at the table.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts